Official I Passed FAR Thread - Page 4

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mike J
    Participant

Hello all. Congratulations everyone.

As for me, I got a 77 tonight! I am done!

This forum has been an excellent resource for me. If anyone is reading this, and has struggled to pass, feel free to ask me for any tips. I would be happy to pay things forward.

I know how hard it is to receive FAIL after FAIL after FAIL. In July, I SWORE I would be done. FAR was set to expire in June. I had passed REG in May but was waiting for AUD and BEC. 74. 74. Quarter 3 brought two more successful passes. On December 9, I arrived at Prometric, with one exam away from being a CPA Candidate. The multiple choice went outstandingly well. But, I was nervous about the simulations. I was sweating bullets and got zero sleep: I've never passed on the first try or after needing to pass an expired exam (I also saw Auditing expire before I passed REG). My thoughts were racing. 40% can account for a lot. I had NO time and only the AICPA released example of the new SIM type to review. Plus, I read the conspiracy theories thread on here.

What made matters worse (mentally) was that I thought I made the December 16 cut. The Prometric proctor took my NTS so I didn't have my Exam ID #. I had to reset my NASBA password. Then, I was freaking out that my old grade was posted when I finally got to see my application data early December 16. Dang. I had to wait another few days. But, I almost fell off this chair when I saw the 77!!

If you're reading this thread and asking “when will it be my turn?” take heart. It will be. Feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions regarding strategy of material. This forum has helped me get over. I want to pay it forward.

Congratulations everyone else!

AUD - 90
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 77
    They don't trust JUST ANYBODY to count beans
    mad max
    Participant

I got a 90 on my first attempt on FAR! WOOHOO!

This is my second time trying to do the exams and I had never gotten higher than an 88 before, and I had passed the other three sections in 2011-2012.
    I failed FAR 3 times in the past with a 74 EACH TIME before my scores started to expire.

Now I'm ready to keep working at the same level and get it done!

WOOHOO! REG HERE I COME (Sorry it's too late for me to type anything else! Will go to bed now!)

AUD - 82
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 90
    REG - 86
    Four for four. Licensed in NJ as of 10/18/17
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow @MadMax, that's outstanding! What a great way to revenge and kill the Beast.

Indeed, the only way to fail is to quit.

Go ahead, sleep tight! When you wake up tomorrow, please take some time off to write and post your strategies to share with us.

mjbey1s
    Participant

Passed FAR with an 80, after scoring a 68 back in October.
    I am officially a CPA!!!! Done forever. I will be posting one last time tomorrow to share my experience and my method for raising my score 12 points!!

AUD - 83
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 80
    REG - 83
    “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

― Paulo Coelho,

Ethics - 96

livealittle
    Participant

took FAR on 1/5. I was sick as a dog the 2 nights before and might have had 3 hours of sleep the 3 nights before due to some stomach thing. I had a 101 degree fever and felt horrible. It was too close to exam day to reschedule. I took a break between every testlet and spent 10 minutes in the bathroom.

holy moly if I pass it will be a miracle.

While I physically felt horrible, I felt “ok” about the material. Hopefully, I wasn’t just delusional.

This was a retake. I got a 62, 70, 72 and 73 the last time. I had passed all 3 of the others and then lost BEC, but took it again and re-passed that one. Now, I’ve lost REG with my 73 in November 2016. I have to pass REG before the end of Feb or I lose AUD.

I have started studying again for REG.

I passed FAR!!!!! by some miracle, I got a 75!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

congrats to everyone who passed any of these beasts!

BEC - 8/8/16
    REG - 66, 77
    AUD - 81
    FAR - 9/8/16

Cruzer
    Participant

@mjbey1s please share your wisdom, por favor. I got NINJA Plus, notes, audio and MCQ and have been listening to NINJA audio on my commute to work everyday and back and forth. I was reading NINJA notes everyday and writing them but now Jeff through in a freebie so I picked up the videos and have been watching them for specific sections of the B/S and taking my own notes. Scheduled my exam for 3/9 so am doing about 60 MCQ a day and going to give myself a good hard week to review. Any tips on how you increased your score 12 pts would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I am a visual learner.

“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” -Anonymous

• AUD - PASSED (Q1 2017)
    • BEC - PASSED (Q3 2016)
    • FAR - PASSED (Q2 2017)
    • REG - PASSED (Q4 2015)

mjbey1s
    Participant

@Cruzer, I posted a separate thread called “How I raised my FAR score 12 points and became a CPA”. Comment on there if you have any other questions!

AUD - 83
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 80
    REG - 83
    “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

― Paulo Coelho,

Ethics - 96

Floreat
    Participant

I sat for FAR in late October 2016. What a trip. The first testlet was fine and then the second and third testlets seemed to get “easier”. Needless to say, I got worried because of the adaptive nature of the test. I finished the third tetlet with a few minutes to spare. Started SIMS right on schedule and that's when everything fell apart.

I was aware of my time, but let the SIMS suck me in to their vortex. I swear, they're an alternate reality. The next thing I knew, I had like 30 minutes to finish three-four more problems. My heart just sank. I did my best, but honestly, at the end I was just populating the fields with wild guesses. It was a mess.

I came home and cried. I'm talking big belly busting sobs and wads of soggy tissue followed by absolute exaustion. I just knew that if I passed, it was due to divine intervention. Who knows? Maybe it was. Anyway, it was a really horrible evening.

Despite it all, I woke up the next morning and started studying for AUD. I checked NASBA on Nov 22nd and saw an advisory score of 80 for FAR. I screamed, fell to the floor, got up and ran around the house screaming like I was teenager at a Prince concert. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was nuts. I know you all can relate in a way. It's a feeling like no other.

(I won't go into the mild panic that rose over the words “advisory score” after the fact. I'm sure many of you can relate to that, too.)

I sat for AUD yesterday. I'm optimistic and the glow of passing FAR on the first try is still with me. Thanks for reading my post. Congratulations to everyone here. We have slayed the dragon!

FAR: 80 (10/28/2016)
    AUD: DSD (Dragon Slayer Deployed) (2/6/2017)
    REG: DSIT (Dragon Slayer in Training) (5/2017)
    BEC: DSIW (Dragon Slayer in Waiting) (7/2017)

illoho1
    Participant

I can't believe I'm finally done!! @floreat I had a similar experience with FAR and I ended up with a 78. I usually have headaches after each exam but FAR's was by far the worst (pun intended lol). I was sure that I needed a miracle to pass cos my sims were really from hell but somehow I passed. I immediately got on my knees and just thanked and Praised God. I couldn't even go to sleep after I checked my score, I keep re-checking it because I honestly can't believe I'm done. Plus my BEC score was expiring at the end of the month so failing FAR would have put me in a really sticky situation. I honestly think it is important to just keep going and make sure you answer every single question, even if you fill with random numbers. And make sure you don't neglect the research part because I believe it was part of what helped me pass. So practicing a few research questions would def be helpful.

Good luck to those of you still in the process of studying!! Remember to never give up!!!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 78
    AUD - 80 (Becker self-study)

BEC - 75 (Becker self-study)

FAR - 78 (Becker self-study/ Ninja notes)

REG - 78 (Becker self-study)

BEC- 75
    AUD- 80
    REG- 8/8

Zyx
    Participant

I am so glad to join this treat. I got 80, paaaassed! 🙂

AUD - 77
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    zyx

REG: 77 x2
    BEC: 81 x3
    FAR: 68 retake 10/1
    AUD: 8/27

garciarb
    Participant

All of these posts saying they thought they failed and made high 70s-low 80s make me feel a lot better. One more day and a long night of drinking away…

BEC - 81
    AUD - 79
    REG - June 2016 (Thanks Nasba!)
    FAR - ugh

Andrew
    Participant

uggggh I don't see any similar experiences with my exam…making me nervous as hell.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    300 club candidate
    jeff
    Keymaster

Bump for score release

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Stilgoin
    Participant

OMG PASSSSSSSS FINISHED!!!

Stilgoin, CPA

There are enough critics. Be an encourager

B | 62, 78
    A | 73, 67, 79
    R | 82
    F | 59, 59, Waiting

Ethics | 93

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    ~Winston Churchill

“In a world full of critics, be an encourager."

Andrew
    Participant

81 on FAR and I'm done!

AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    300 club candidate
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 400 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.