Contact State Coordinator

• Creator
    Topic
    ParmesanCPA
    Participant

Long time reader, first time poster!

After the most recent score release (3/20), I reapplied to take the NY CPA Exam. Reading other posts, I expected a second NTS relatively quick. Nevertheless, my status on CPA Central is still “APPREVIEW — Contact your State Coordinator for more information.” Yesterday, I left a voicemail with NASBA and sent an email to the NY address. I haven’t received a response yet.

I wanted to take AUD in early April… So I’m beginning to kick myself for waiting on my prior scores before requesting my next NTS. Does anyone in New York (or another jurisdiction) have advice for following up with the State Coordinator? Thanks!

FAR: 91
    BEC: 93
    AUD: 94
    REG: 95
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

If you were already accepted through NYS the process for another NTS should be like 1-2 days. NASBA says 5 days but I had my new NTS the day after I paid if I remember correctly.
    Is there a piece of the puzzle you are leaving out here? Or is it due to the new gateway change that is delaying things?
    Are you logging into Gateway 2.0 to check for your NTS?

Also good luck finding a seat in April.
    poughkeepsie has a seat on April 13th, 20th and 30th, morning or afternoon.
    That's it for the whole month. Your local prometric might have more or less.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Recked
    Participant

Also, it takes NYS sometimes 2-3 days to reply to an email.
    You can try to call them, but the Friday before a “holiday” weekend… good luck.

Check out that Gateway 2.0 if you have not already.

jdub
    Participant

I'm not in NY but I've had to change jurisdictions from Kansas to Washington and every. single. time. I've had to contact a state coordinator for something I want to die a little inside. I get they have a high volume of stuff to deal with – but it's your job. In my experience they are rude and unresponsive. I had to send WA a transcript 3 times and make 5 phone calls before they “found” it in their email that they told me to send it to. It's dumb.

But generally NTS don't take more than a day or two, so I would definitely be ringing their bell daily at this point. The initial application can take awhile though.

BEC - 78 (Lost Credit), 83

AUD - 63, 74, 69, 79

REG - 59, 74, 72, 78

FAR - 75

ParmesanCPA
    Participant

@jdub I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Now that I've waited a week (this is my second NTS), I don't mind ringing NASBA. How did you get in contact with your State Coordinators? When I call NASBA, should I ask for their direct phone number/email or is there an online directory?

ParmesanCPA
    Participant

@Recked On Gateway all I see are my previous scores — nothing under Pending Payments, Notice to Schedule, or Receipts. The charge shows on my credit card though. I applied on CPA Central (same as before the Gateway update), which is where I'm stuck on “ATTREVIEW.” In my first post, I left out that I also mailed legal documentation. Thankfully it's non-felony/non-misdemeanor, but I'm beginning to worry it's stuck in NASBA's bottomless pit of transcripts. Regardless, I want to get things straightened out.

Although I'm sitting for NY, I go to school in a neighboring state. It's an area slow enough that I scheduled both FAR and BEC one week out. I count my blessings!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does is say “APPREVIEW” or “ATTREVIEW”? Did you just pay the smaller fee, or have you paid the full $200+ exam fee already?

Once I paid the exam fee for two exams at once, and I only received an NTS for one of them. I had to send the TX state coordinator the page of my credit card statement showing I had indeed paid for two exams. I don't know why, but I didn't have the payment confirmation saved. He was not fun to deal with.

ParmesanCPA
    Participant

Oops, I misspoke above; I'm only at APP-REVIEW. My CPA Central receipt and credit card both show the ~$500 I paid. How did you get in touch with the TX Coordinator?

Recked
    Participant

If you originally applied under NY jurisdiction, and you are now just reapplying, this sounds like a NASBA issue, not a NY state issue.
    I'd suggest you start with NASBA. The NY guy at NASBA is pretty helpful and responsive, but its also a holiday weekend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am facing the same problem right now. This is my second NTS and my application has been stuck at APPREVIEW for the past week. I've called NASBA but no luck getting into contact with my state coordinator. I'm in PA.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.