Credit Extension - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Fightit
    Participant

Has anyone received the email about the credit extension??

I just found out that Texas Board of Accountancy has granted a three month extension to all credits that will expire between 4/1/2017 and 9/30/2018. Those Texas candidates have received the email.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MarwanRefaat
    Participant

New Hampshire and still nothing received

AUD 71, 73, 87
    BEC 83
    FAR 54, 73, 80
    REG 75

I'M DONE FOREVER

AUD - 71, 73, 87
    BEC - N/A
    FAR - 54, 73
    REG - N/A

NINJA MCQ ROCKS!!!!

Mscfisher
    Participant

@mtaylo I applied to Virginia this week as well. They said I should receive an answer next week. Crossing fingers.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 83
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 83

Luck is when when preparation meets opportunity

VIvian
    Participant

That's great that Texas is doing it for all candidates. Ohio only review it case by case and requires the candidate to email their case to the board to be considered. So much uncertainty, sitting around and waiting whether they will extend the expiration date or not.

REG: Feb 2016
    AUD: Jul 2016
    FAR: Nov 2016
    BEC: Feb 2017

jenknight55
    Participant

I am in Indiana as well and have not received anything. My REG score expires on 8/31 and BEC on 10/31. Taking AUD on Tuesday and if I pass, then no extension is needed. But if I don't that extension would change everything! Fingers crossed.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 78
    REG - 80
    Jenny
    Nikki
    Participant

Does anyone know if NY state is offering a credit extension?

AUD - Passed

BEC - Passed

REG - Passed

FAR - Passed

Never give up!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@berre22

I sent an email to the board explaining my situation and to please grant me a extension.

They responded one day later!

trisjung
    Participant

@CristyLu11
    When was your AUD credit supposed to expire if you didn't get an extension? I am asking because I just got an email from CBA saying the extension is for those who expires credits during the second or third quarter only. A huge disappointment since my credits expire in October.
    Also, did you send an email to examinfo@cba.ca.gov? Thanks

Natalierose
    Participant

I'm waiting to hear if WA state will grant my extension. I had to send them an email explaining why I couldn't pass in 18 months. It doesn't seem super fair that some states are granting blanket extensions.

It sucks waiting because I'm not sure which exam to be studying for to try to attempt Q2.

R- 75
    B- 76
    A- 80
    F- Scheduled 5/28/2017

REG- Passed
    BEC- Passed
    AUD -Failed - Retake in October
    FAR- Scheduled 8/1/2016

Anonymous
    Inactive

what about Colorado ?

ixlr82day
    Participant

Not sure anyone else is from HI but the Board sent me their decision regarding extensions. Good Luck to everyone!

https://cca.hawaii.gov/pvl/files/2017/05/IMPORTANT-ANNOUNCEMENT-Regarding-Delay-in-Score-Release.pdf

AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 79
    REG - 84

Nikki
    Participant

Can someone clarify is the extensions states are offering are only for parts expiring in Q2/Q3? I am debating if its worth contacting my state (NY) to inquire about an extension. I have a part expiring in Dec (Q4). I was not able to test in Q3 since I was waiting on my REG score from Q2 and I did not pass. I took my final section FAR this past weekend but I am concerned about passing all 4 parts with only a few months left due to the long delay in score releases.

AUD - Passed

BEC - Passed

REG - Passed

FAR - Passed

Never give up!

Natalierose
    Participant

Washington State FINALLY emailed me and extended my score 3 months.

Unfortunately now there's only uh like a week in Q3 so I'm not even going to try studying. So I just have to re-take my most recent fail and then I'm hopefully done!

R- 75
    B- 76
    A- 80
    F- Scheduled 5/28/2017

REG- Passed
    BEC- Passed
    AUD -Failed - Retake in October
    FAR- Scheduled 8/1/2016

krstnam
    Participant

@Natalierose – I still haven't heard back from them. I've called, e-mailed and left messages – it's like they've ghosted me. 🙁

I'm going to be the person who says "I finished even though..." not the person who says "I didn't finish because..."

B - 77, 76

A - 57, 64, 72, 76!

R - 78, 72, 78!!! DONE

F - 54, 73, 71, 64, 69, 76!

joonpark1212
    Participant

any chance that state boards will extend credits that would expire in the 1st quarter? Do people apply for extension via email?

AUD - 75
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    ALL PASS PLEASE!
    SGood
    Participant

The state board of accountancy are the only entities that can grant extensions of conditional credit. Some state boards have already given the go ahead for CPA Examination Services to grant certain extensions. Most state boards require you to email them directly with the request. Any type of extension outside of the realm of the basic scenario from the Q2 window will need to go directly to the state board of accountancy.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.