Update: Testing Window Extended to 9/8

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #173596
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    In reply to your email and our earlier discussion please see the following outline:

    Candidate procedures in the event now Tropical Storm Isaac has an adverse impact on the administration of the CPA examinations.

    1a. If the site is closed and therefore appointments cancelled, Prometric (Outbound Team) will contact the affected candidates to assist them in rescheduling. However, due to conditions uncertainty there is no guarantee you will/can be contacted.

    1b. If an extension of the NTS is required the candidates will be referred to NASBA.

    2. Candidates should contact Prometric for updates on the status of their test site location with respect to their appointment date. Test site closures are listed and updated at: http://www.prometric.com/sitestatus

    3. If the site is open candidates need to make an effort to attend the appointment providing their safety and well-being is not at risk.

    4. If the site is open and the candidate cannot attend due to safety and road/travel concerns, outages, etc., the candidate should contact NASBA via email (address: candidatecare@nasba.org) and provide:

    a) candidate’s name as it appears on the NTS

    b) section and 7 digit section ID number

    c) appointment date

    d) test site location

    e) a detailed outline of the circumstance which prevented attending the appointment

    f) weather verification to support the reason(s) for not being able to attend; which can take the form of links (or scanned documents) to adverse weather conditions in the area

    g) whether there is an NTS expiration issue.

    NASBA will promptly investigate the candidate’s report and when verified provide support by assisting in rescheduling the appointment.

    5. At this time Prometric has given no indication of extending the current testing window.

    We wish you the best as you continue in your professional development. If you have any further concerns or queries please let us know.

    I didn't know Prometric made the decision to extend a testing window but apparently they do and it looks like I'm heading south Friday morning.

    #365693
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Kricket, hopefully it will clear up by then. It is going to be a slow moving storm but the worst should be over by then. Good luck to you!

    #365694
    LittleMoe
    Member

    That's just not right!!! What a crazy process to have to go through because you are being hit by a HURRICANE!!! Sorry Kricket and hopefully by Friday you will have smooth sailing to go and take your test.

    #365695
    tarmacjerry
    Member

    Prometrics was showing availability for Sept 1st, 2nd, and 8th… I thought this was a glitch. I just got off the phone with NASBA and they made these dates available due to the hurricane. I'm in Georgia. I guess I can expect delayed test scores.

    #365696
    katiekanton
    Member

    I'm in Tennessee and just checked. My prometric has availabilty on Sept 3. Now I don't know what to do. Another two weekend days would do wonders for my score. But what if they don't REALLY have availability and I reschedule my appt? Aaaauuuuggghh!!!!

    And does this mean scores won't really come out 9/7? Jeff, what do your ninja senses tell you?

    Edit: Just got off the phone with NASBA. Don't know if the call center person knew for sure what he was talking about because he used words like “I would say” and “I think” but he said that the score would be available about a week after you sit. So they will release scores on 9/7 for those who sat through 8/31, and a week after the appt for those who sit in early Sept. But again, take that with a grain of salt.

    #365697
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I got the e-mail and immediately rescheduled! I feel like I would be ready Friday morning, but I don't want to take a chance driving in what could potentially be flooded highways. I would have to leave long before the sun came up to get there on time and I would HATE to drive into deep water and not know it until it was too late! Thank God!!! Tuesday morning at 8am I'm gonna be one step closer to done!!!

    #365698
    katiekanton
    Member

    Me too Kricket. I am NOT ready to sit tomorrow, but two more full days would get me there, and not having to leave work on Friday will pay the fee. Plus it's month-end.

    #365699
    jenuno01
    Member

    AHHH I just checked and my testing center also has dates open next week!? Wtff I live in NE! LOL

    Now I'm thinking… should I take advantage of this and reschedule REG for next week!?!?!?! TEMPTINGGGGGGGGGGG

    #365700

    It would be tempting. If you're ready…go take it on your regular date.

     
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA Review
    #365701
    jenuno01
    Member

    @Jeff I am ready, I think. I just wish I didn't have that temptation! I am the king of rescheduling. I had REG scheduled originally July 5th and have rescheduled a total of 8 times this window. Ok, I will resist and not reschedule.

    #365702
    missjones513
    Member

    So is this going to change the next score release date?

    #365703

    Only for exams after 8/31 most likely.

     
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA Review
    #365704
    nolifecpa
    Participant

    is score release projected on 9/7? i thought it was 9/10

    #365705
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    What about if you have expiring sections? Will postponing affect that?

    #365706
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I have REG Scheduled for 08/31, but I just checked and my Prometric site has REG available until 09/08. Anyone know if I would have to pay the re-schedule fee if I change my exam for next week?

    #365707

    I would assume that unless your site is closed – you will incur a fee.

     
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA Review
    #365708
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I had to pay the $56 fee, but I paid it with a smile on my face!

    #365709
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Dude, WTF! They have seats available up until September 7th but I leave to China for a family trip.

    I'm doing it tomorrow…idgaf!

    #365710
    jenuno01
    Member

    @Cashmoney, lol good attitude! idgaff either YOLO

    #365711
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    YOLO LOL

    Do you test tomorrow or Friday, jenuno?

    #365712
    Gatorbates
    Participant

    Will this delay the score results from “day 46-close of window”??? They're supposed to be posted on September 11.

    #365713
    nextstopCPA
    Participant

    I was just saying if I had one more week…I could feel really confident going into BEC! I rescheduled and paid that $57 bucks! There goes those new shoes I wanted…but I am all the happier!

    #365714
    hwtCPAexam
    Member

    I really hope this doesn't mess up the score release for the day 46 – close of the testing window. I sat for REG on 8/20 and I'm counting on receiving my score on Sept. 10 because I'm in Texas.

    #365715
    noleasebacks
    Member

    As much as I'm hating audit, I think more time would be a net loss on my memorization of convoluted phrases. I'll take a 76 on this one and run.

    #365716
    jenuno01
    Member

    @Cashmoney – Friday bro, I'm guna get a 99!

    #365717
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Thank you for the info. I thought I wouldn't able to take one in this window. I'm almost ready but still needed more time.

    #365718
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Own it jenuno.

    I'm taking a break and dinner before I head back to the library until close (midnight).

    #365719
    jenuno01
    Member

    I'm tired AF!

    #365720
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @jenuno01 – I'll admit to having to search urban dictionary for what that meant. Haha You are in the home stretch. You got this! Good Luck!!

    #365721
    jenuno01
    Member

    hahah <3 you @Kricket

    Good luck to you too, stay safe =)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.