MA CPA Board

• Creator
    Topic
    jj1234
    Participant

I can not get a hold of the MA board of public accountancy.

I’ve emailed accountingboard@state.ma.us and accountingboard@mass.gov and no one responds back.

I’ve called their number 617-727-1806, left messages and no one calls me back.

I submitted my CPA application in October.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    vbmer
    Participant

I was a MA candidate. They took 6-8 weeks to respond to emails, and nobody ever picked up the phone whenever I called. Unfortunately, your experience is very much the norm.

Eventually, I got fed up and transfered my scores to WA for licensing. They approved my license and put me in their database 3 hours after receiving my last piece of documentation. They always picked up the phone and answered emails promptly, too.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 89
    REG - 80
    Manager, Big 4 Corporate Finance, CPA (WA)
    jj1234
    Participant

Someone finally responded. Got the CPA officially! Good luck to everyone on this forum still taking the exams! There were a lot of motivational stories on here that really helped me push through when I was studying.

calmas
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I've called over 10 times and emailed 3 times to ask about transferring scores. Hoping i can post my situation here and get some feedback:

I've been led to believe that Massachusetts is lax on accepting scores from other states without meeting Mass sitting requirements.

I was 2 accounting courses short to be eligible to sit in Massachusetts so I elected to sit in Alaska since i'm eligible there. I've been advised from friends that I can take exams in Alaska, once I pass, complete the education requirements for Mass (already have experience) and then transfer scores to Massachusetts when I apply for licensure.

Can anybody confirm this will work? I've heard certain states like California and Illinois will not accept scores from other states if they were taken while not being eligible in their respective state but have read no such thing for Massachusetts.

Also, I read up on 252-cmr and the only provision Mass has outlined in accepting scores is that the state follows the same 18 month window rule. Pasting that link here for reference: https://www.mass.gov/doc/252-cmr-2-requirements-for-certification/download

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.