Anyone having to readjust their plans for failing marriage or divorce? - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    FlaglerAmanda
    Participant

I graduated December 2013, started my experience requirement the same time. I’ve taken the majority of the additional classes since then – just have two business classes left. Plan was to complete all 4 sections/experience/150 Hours all at the same time.

Husband was on board – but kind of glossed over the detail of how freaking busy I’d be working for a tax/compilation firm AND getting all of this done. He only heard the part of “Done in one year”. He’s now emotionally involved with an ex girlfriend — and we’ve had these issues MANY times in the past.

It’s hard to concentrate on Gleim when your life is falling apart, ya know?

FAR - 86
    BEC - 88
    REG - 83
    AUD - 74, 89 Done!!!!

Two business classes between me and being a FL CPA!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mla1169
    Participant

Suddenly it strikes me that some people think there might be a chance (maybe there is) that OP's husband is filling some type of emotional void with this other woman but nobody has suggested that the OP herself might be filling an emotional void by trying to advance her career. (this is not a criticism, would be wise if anyone thought their marriage might fail to put themselves in the best possible financial position for the future!)

Doesn't mean theres right vs wrong even in this situation.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Determined CPA
    Participant

I think people who go through the experience of this exam really get pushed and they learn a lot about themselves. You are going through it with your marriage and recently I have started experiencing severe anxiety. I was 3 tests down and right as I was about to start studying for FAR (which was supposed to be in the 3Q when the passing rate is higher) I started getting anxiety so bad that I couldn't even get out of bed. Tons of blood work and medicine later, they finally said it was anxiety. I passed BEC in Q2 and had to take all of Q3 off – which made me more anxious. To date, my anxiety still gets the best of me. Just hoping and praying I can make it thru FAR and actually sit for 4.5 hours without have an attack.

Point is, everyone goes thru things in life. Some are good, some suck. Regardless, I do believe they all make us stronger.

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

Determined CPA
    Participant

@mla1169 – I don't think anything, I'm just giving things that might be possible…but really, who knows other than the 2 people involved?

For all we know, the reverse is right.

Just trying to be supportive of a fellow CPA taker!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Rocky123

@DeterminedCPA

Side note: I know all about panic!! Believe me. I have been taking meds for it to help since I passed the 3rd section. Just nice to know I'm not alone.

Didn't mean to change the subject of this serious post. Sorry.

The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

Determined CPA
    Participant

OMG Rocky!! I like you more and more each day! I just started taking medicine last month ‘as needed' which is everyday. I am praying it goes away after this test is done!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Rocky123

@DeterminedCPA

That is my hope too. Although, I have a feeling that the worse part will be waiting for our grades!!! Good luck to both of us!

I'm glad you have made yourself continue pursuing the CPA designation. I have thought about quitting, but I know I would feel even worse if I did quit. If I fail this exam, at least I can say that I tried. But I know that even if I fail, I will continue pressing on. Although I will probably be disowned. LOL. Everyone around me is tired of my constant studying.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

golfball7773
    Participant

I take Prozac everyday for depression/anxiety. Helps me from lashing out at my wife

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

Determined CPA
    Participant

My doctor gave me Klonopin, very lose dose, which really does take the edge off. It's on an as-needed basis, and I wasn't taking it much at first but once I started studying for FAR the anxiety became to bad I started taking it. They say I can take it 2 times a day, but I'm most anxious during the day and perfectly fine at night, so I only take 1.

I used to come and go without a worry in the world – this hit me out of no where! One day I was good, one day I wasn't. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the day before this happened and do it differently. Very confusing for my husband to watch. He doesn't get it. It's been a few months now and after taking the meds I'm definitely better so he doesn't see me as anxious as I was.

@Rocky – I seriously thought of quitting a few months ago bc of how I was feeling. But I just couldn't see myself stopping at this point. I'm really hoping God knows how hard this has been for us and helps us out on test day!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

CPAfit
    Participant

@detemined you're almost there so just hang in there 🙂 one day we're all gonna make it

AUD - 82
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 78
    REG - 83
    HIYA!

NH Licensed CPA - Jun 2018

Rocky123

@DeterminedCPA

I take Klonopin also. I was also prescribed a sleep med. It helps me GET to sleep, but usually after 4 or 5 hours, it seems to wear off and I'm wide awake with my heart racing. I REALLY hope to get off of these meds once I am done with this exam.

It's hard for other people who haven't taken the exam to know what we're going through.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

Determined CPA
    Participant

@zubairs – thank you!!! It's nice to know others are experiencing the same things!!

@ Rocky – My doctor said the Klonopin should help with sleeping. Does this not happen to you? If not, try melatonin for sleep – its a vitamin that you can buy anywhere (target, walmart, cvs) and people take when they have jet lag and need help falling asleep. When I cant sleep I take that. Knocks me out! I think it can go as high as 5MG but wow that's a lot and you will be super groggy in the morning – I take 2mg!

FlaglerAmanda – I hope you are doing ok. Please keep us posted! Sorry this convo was side tracked but I hope you know you are not alone and we are all here to listen/support you!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Rocky123

@Determined

I tried melatonin. Did not help me. Klonopin makes me drowsy, but not enough to fall asleep. If I didn't take a sleep med, I couldn't sleep. I get that worked up.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

CPAfit
    Participant

@determined & @rocky y'all need no medicines to sleep. All you need is a hug and a cuddle bear and you'll be sleeping like a baby in no time 😉

AUD - 82
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 78
    REG - 83
    HIYA!

NH Licensed CPA - Jun 2018

Determined CPA
    Participant

Lol aw zubairs! That was cute! And I do agree! Cuddles sure do help 🙂

Rocky I feel bad you have such a hard time sleeping! Anxiety is rough enough when you get 8 hours. I used to have that problem but fortunately sleeping hasn't been an issue for me in a while. When you pass far (yes when!) please keep me posted on your anxiety.

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Rocky123

I can't believe I'm admitting to this, but I do sleep with a special “blankie” and a big stuffed bear. It does help.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.