Becker new 2019 course

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

To those studying with the new Becker course:

Is it just me or are the questions lesser in both quantity and difficulty? There are already so few MCQ per section and some of them are even repeats from the prior section. They also aren’t shuffled so long passages with multiple question versions all follow each other and most of the time the answer explanation from the prior question includes the explanation for the following questions.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel the opposite. FAR has 250+ questions and I am trending at 50% which is way lower than I have done in every other section. I also work in financial accounting.

M123
    Participant

I messed around with Becker for REG and FAR. I finally wised up and got the Ninja MCQ. Becker videos and book, Ninja MCQ & notes. Becker calls the new approach adaptive but I don't see anything that shows it is adaptive to the level of Ninja MCQ. The Becker questions for FAR were “FAR” from sufficient for my needs. I suffer though the videos listening to Gearty tell me to highlight something rather than actually explain the content so I can get a baseline then the real fun starts – Ninja MCQ and notes.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 77
    REG - 81
    REG - 1. Becker only - fail (forgot to study depr - oops); 2. Becker only - Pass
    FAR - 1. Becker only - fail; 2. added Ninja Notes and MCQ - Pass
    AUD - 1. Becker videos; Ninja Notes, Audio, MCQ, Becker Notes - Pass
    BEC - 1. Ninja Notes, Audio, MCQ, Becker Notes - Pass
    slugger73
    Participant

To give some information, I have used only Becker for the old exams and got the following mark:

BEC 87
    REG 73
    AUDIT 75

I am now restudying for REG using the new REG software and have my exam in 8 days. I have now gone through all of the lectures. I think that the addition of the Skills Practice is a nice touch, but that is it! I have found the MCs to be not only the same ones from the old material, but arguably easier. The SIMS I am almost positive are the same exact ones from the old material. In additional for the little changes Becker made to their lectures, I have actually found MCs in the wrong sections now which is just annoying that they could not take the time to at least seperate properly. Lastly, I know they for a fact that they just cut/pasted a lot of the old audio. When learning about the MY LEGS mnemonic, they cut out the video of Peter showing himself not wearing pants, but the new software audio still has some wording of “now you will never forget about my legs!”.

It seems like Becker took the easy way out with REG. It seems too easy. At first I thought this may just be because it was my second time around, but I have had a few people mention it.

Does anybody else agree specifically to REG? While I failed my first take of REG with a 73, I felt the old Becker did a good job. I do not feel as confident in the materials now. I am almost wondering if they know something about the exam being turned down a notch? Or are they just a cheap company?

The exam is changing and most think it is getting harder. Yet, Becker material got easier and barely changed?

Don't worry; be happy.

AUD- 75
    BEC- 87
    FAR - 96
    REG- 90

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used the 2017 software for AUD and now I am on REG. I agree, REG seems to be easier than AUD and the old software for FAR and BEC. It also seems there are not as much questions. Throughout various progress tests I have seen the same questions quite a few times.

Ag12thman
    Participant

Another recent thread on this very subject:

Becker Difficulty After Update?

FAR: July 2016

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have used Becker to study for BEC and AUD, but always supplemented with Ninja MCQ… I can't comment on the amount or difficulty of questions for AUD or REG, as I am still awaiting my AUD score, and half way through REG. But I did get 82 in BEC. I think Ninja is definitely awesome as an additional study tool. It kind of tears you down as you are studying but by the end of it, you feel much better prepared!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.