Got BS Accountancy from Philippines seeking help to get US CPA - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    grace
    Participant

Hi! I am new here. Can anyone help me with my situation? I graduated BS Accountancy at University of the East Manila, Philippines 2014 and moved here in Minnesota, US last 2016. I came across an article stating that I can actually acquire a CPA license in the US. I already checked NASBA and read the state requirements but some information are confusing. Their library where I am supposed to get more info charges fee. I am currently enrolled at a state university here in Minnesota finishing liberal education courses. I am a permanent resident also.
    1. Can anyone walk me through or tell me the step by step process I should do?
    2. Based on your experience, 120 or 150 credits how did your evaluation go? I mean how long did it take for you to fulfill the 120 or 150 credits before you can actually sit for the CPA exam?
    3. what is the 24 credit hours? is it on top of 120 or 150 credits?
    4. Did you apply for financial aid assistance (FAFSA) did they approve it or not?

thanks
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

And do you have an email something like that? Is it ok? If ever i have questions or need some help I can reach you there? 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

What a coincidence! I’m also here in LA hahaha. I can give you my e-mail address and you can also add my fb account if you want so I can answer you right away.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh yes please. I am gonna message you right away. Thank You so much 😉

jpac0930
    Participant

Hi I'm also a Filipino and need more inputs about the US CPA exam. How to contact you privately?

thanks

Hello,

First thing that you have to do is to request your official transcript from the university you've attended in the Philippines. They have to send the transcript directly to the evaluation services of your choice. I've used Josef Silny Evaluation Services the first time I got my transcript evaluated to sit for the Florida Board exam years ago. I was missing credit hours to even qualify to take the Florida board exam. Last year, I've used the NASBA evaluations services to see if I would be eligible to sit for the California board exam instead since I would be moving there anyway. According to the evaluation, I'm eligible to sit for the exam since I received a total of 136 credit hours for my Bachelor's Degree from the Philippines. California only requires 120 hours to sit for the exam. I took FAR back in April and will be taking BEC next month. When I pass all four, I would enroll to grad school to satisfy the 150 requirement for licensure.

Below are the links to the evaluation services I've used for your your reference. Hope this helps. Good luck!

https://www.jsilny.org/

NASBA International Evaluation Services

Hi,

I am a Filipina also who studied undergrad in PH. Let me share with you what I did.

1. Applied to an evaluation center that will work on my credits.
    2. Made an account to the state board of accountancy portal/website that I am taking my exam and license under. You will find instructions on how to complete the application there.
    3. Sent letter to my university in PH to send my documents (ie. transcript) straight to the evaluation center. Paid postage fees to my uni for that.
    4. The evaluation center worked on my documents. Sent me a copy of the evaluation and to my state board.
    5. Once the state board processed the application and deemed you eligible they will send you an email. You just have to follow the instructions thereafter.

I am thankful that the units I had in PH were all credited and recognized by my state. Also, I was told by a friend that there is an evaluation center where you could just give them a copy of your transcript (if you have it with you here) and not under go through the process of including your uni.

Wish you all the best and God bless on your endeavor! 🙂

wmg
    Participant

Hi Grace/Acct1/cpa_101,

I'm also a CPA from the Philippines and planning to take the US-CPA. Good thing I was able to find this site and read you comments on how to get US CPA license. Hope you can add me in your group or pm me.I'm currently residing here in California.

Waiting for your response. 🙂

WMG
    wmg
    Participant

how was the result of your evaluation?

WMG
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone!

I just recently moved here in California and I'm also interested in taking the US CPA licensure exam in the future.

Hope I get in touch with you all 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

You guys are good to go if you are an Accountancy graduate in the Philippines. Just go to the website I mentioned above for the evaluation of your tor. The best thing about ACEI is you can send them your tor directly instead of contacting your school to send your tor for evaluation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

When i send my tor to the ACEI, can i send them the softcopy version or must it be the original hardcopy version? Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It must be the original copy of your tor. You don’t need to worry because they will return your documents along with the copy of evaluation once they are done. You just have to make sure that official evaluation must be sent from ACEI to CBA directly. If I were you, please also read the guide made by CBA for CPA candidates. Everything that you need to know is there.

cis1107
    Participant

Good day!

should I send my TOR along with my diploma to an evaluation center or just the TOR is good?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi! Can i check, when i send my transcript to the evaluation board (ACEI), do i only send my university transcripts or must i also send my high school transcripts along? Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Princess,

Can i check when you register an account with your state board, do you need a valid social security number? This is because i do not have one yet. I am currently still in thailand.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.