2 CPA papers in single window.. Please advice!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hey,

I was planning to appear FAR this November. I’m done with most of the chapters of FAR and am using Wiley text and self-study video. However, I dont feel prepared enough to appear exams in a month’s time. My second option is to study FAR and AUD simultaneously (now that i’m done with most of FAR) and appear both papers in January. Please advice!!

src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    AARON
    Participant

Nobody knows yourself better than yourself. Half the battle with the CPA exam is time management and discipline. If you can chart out a study plan that allows your to study for both these exams, and you feel comfortable with the plan, you can manage both exams in the same window.

Personally, I like to take my time with each exam. I study for around a month for each exam (depends on the exam, less time for BEC, more time with FAR – goes without saying given the extent of information tested on those exams). I find that I do the most learning when I can just keep pounding the material into my head over and over again, day by day, for a long period of time. This allows me to feel good about the exam in general. Best of luck.

? AUD - 87 (8/12/09)
    ? REG - 77 (1/15/10
    ? BEC - 77 (1/6/09 - Expired) / 79 (11/18/10)
    ? FAR - 75 (2/11/11)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I attempted 2 sections of the exam per window. I studied AUD and BEC; sat for AUD in January and BEC and Feb. I then studied FAR and REG over March – May, sat for far in April and REG in May. I think it is very plausible you can pass both. There are quite a few people on this forum that have taken 2 sections within a few days of each other. I am sure they will chime with some positive reinforcement. That said, if you do not think you are ready do NOT take the exam. Confidence is a big part of hurdle in my opinion, if you are not confident going into the exam you will second guess yourself and have additional stress. I recommend re scheduling FAR unless your NTS is going to expire then I would sit in Nov.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you aren't comfortable, don't sit for the test. No reason to waste your money and time. If you are going to take two exams, I would take the first one early in January (focusing most of your study time in December on it) and taking the second one at the end of February. Then you can pretty much focus on one at a time and pass them the first time out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much guys…..it seems there is no seat available on the dates i wanted on November near my place anyways!!

I'm studying full time, about 7-9 hrs a day. I follow the Wiley video and do the questions suggested by the tutors and a few more. I used to practice other questions in book itself, but when i switched to computer i realized i was taking longer time to do the MCQ's, it just felt new….so i guess establishing your practice in computer is equally important. I also make flash cards to revise the topics.

Could any of you share how you divide your time and your study approach? Particularly for FAR and AUD. I plan to appear FAR in early Jan and AUD in Jan end…and this time i'll schedule early!!

Thanks

wahoo
    Participant

Keep studying and watch for a opening during the November window. There were lots of cancellations in August when I was constantly checking my centers. I don't know if November is different since it is probably the most popular month to sit.

I did REG, BEC, and AUD all this past August and didn't start studying for any of them until the last week in July. I did well on everything but AUD. I have been studying for FAR now and think that it is the toughest one to prepare for but FAR should help you some with AUD.

FAR 76, REG 86, BEC 83, AUD 86
    Accountant Wilmington NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Could any of you share how you divide your time and your study approach? Particularly for FAR and AUD. “

I used BISK as my primary study tool.

For AUD I did the following and I felt it worked for me. I would read the chapter in the text and take notes on the topics I felt I did not fully understand. I would attempt all even MCQ's. Grade them and then I would go to class (I took a live review course) where the instructor would reinforce important (heavy tested statistically) topics, MCQ's and simulations as a group. I would come home and either that day or the next focus on completing the remaining MCQ's and attempt to do the one's I missed. I would then review any areas that I was weak on the MCQ's and once again do the MCQ's over. After this I would only do MCQ's over and over as review. I used gliem and wiley books as supplemental questions and yeager CRAM.

For FAR since I felt stronger in this topic. I was just out school in DEC and started studying in JAN. I would not read the chapters only complete the even MCQ's, review the incorrect questions and study the topics in the book that I was weak in then attempt the MCQ's again. I did not use anything to supplement in for FAR.

You know when you complete the multiple choice questions where you are weak, make sure you put forth a lot of effort in your weak areas. Keep in mind the areas where you are strong, make sure you doing some lite studying in them as well. For AUD, I was really strong in reviews while studying but forgot about them while doing my final prep. When I took the exam I was drawing blanks on any questions involving reviews.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.