CA PETH ethics exam

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have taken two tests already. They were totally different questions. But I received emails from Calcpa to tell me which questions I did wrong and what the wrong answers are. Is this new? Because my friend told me they did not tell her which questions she did wrong when she took the exam a year ago. And she just saw two different sets of tests. Is there anyone take the exam recently? Is the third attempt will be a totally different one?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lswang

It's new.

FAR | 81 - July 21 15
    REG | 66 - Oct 1 15 | 87 - Jan 7 16
    AUD | 90 - Oct 29 15
    BEC | 86 - Nov 25 15

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm not usually a complainer. But the ca ethics exam was way over the top difficult. Once u get about 6 or 7 tries in u realize u wished u lived in another state.

taxsage

make sure you keep track of your old answers in a word document for your personal reference. Good luck!

MrCPA511
    Participant

I was able to pass all my CPA exams on the first try……. except CA ethics exam…..

+1 on keeping a word doc on what you missed.

FAR - 86 7/2014
    AUD - 95 10/2014
    REG - 87 1/22/15
    BEC - 84 7/2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mrcpa511. so do I. Passed the CPA exams at my first attempt. Three times to pass this ethic exam. Now…Finally…Pass it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll add a third amen to the word document/spreadsheet to track all your previous answers. I also documented the page number and paragraph that I obtained all those answers from so I could easily go back and recheck the source.

Passed it on my 3rd try after hours of studying out the answers.

Kel Kel Kel
    Participant

I took the CA exam about 6 months ago and they did not send me an email regarding missed questions. . You can open the exam, print the questions, and then exit the exam without submitting. This way, you can research the questions. I wrote the page number from the book where I got answer near each question if I wanted to double check my answer. I passed on the first try, but took my time with the exam since I had the test printed out.

F- 84
    A- 81
    R- 86
    B- 74, 71, 83
    Licensed in CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am currently studying to take the CA Ethics Exam (out of state CPA working to get licensed in CA). Are the exam questions identical to the questions in the study guide?

YokoBee
    Participant

I am F PISSED!! I just took my 2nd PETH exam w/ CalCPA and I missed passing by 1 Question (got 6 /50 wrong). I reviewed all 6 questions and realized that:
    -1 was careless mistake, I clicked on the wrong one – (costly mistake)
    -1 was tricky and quite deceptive in the way they word the answer.
    -3 were OUT RIGHT BULLSHIT and I have responded each of the 3 questions point-by-point and filing a “protest” on the grading of the 3.

I will keep you guys posted on the protest result. In the meanwhile, I have to take the 3rd test from them. I a pissed because the PETH exam is extremely time consuming and tricky. While I can't pin my hopes on the protest, it is my hope that others can/will benefit from my actions.

Cheers!!

YB

REG 78 12/2013 YEAGER CPA REVIEW and Yaeger REG Cram Course
    FARE 77 05/2014 YEAGER CPA REVIEW and Yaeger FARE Cram Course
    AUD 81 11/30/2014 Yeager AUD Cram Course; 65 08/2014 YAEGER CPA REVIEW
    BEC 79 6/4/2015 YEAGER CPA REVIEW and Yaegar BEC Cram. Yaegar BEC audio 74 03/02/2015

DONE and DONE!!

jackxie83
    Participant

Hi YokoBee, how did the result turn out? and how long did it take to get the final verdict? I got 88% on my third attempt and strongly believed that something is wrong with grading. What step should I take to initiate the protest process? Thanks!

WZcpa15
    Participant

The CA ethic exam is a nightmare. I was able to pass it on my 3rd attempt. The question are not straight forward at all. There are a lot of curve ball answer when you think you know the answer. Sometimes, the first part of the question is to TRICK you, giving you major info when in fact, the second part of it was the most important part.

My advice is the same as everyone else. First, keep word document of all the questions and answer you did, and when you get the email, see and modify your answers on word document. Second, sleep on the answer when you are done. Don't submit it and use another another or two the next day to verify it. A fresh pair of eyes will help to eliminate one or two answer. Third, if you failed two times, take a day off, don't rush the third attempt. You will try to hang yourself for rushing it. Take a Break and attempt it with a fresh mind set.

All Exam Done - FAR 86, BEC 82, REG 86, AUD 78
    CA Ethics Passed - July 16

BEC - Passed - 7/27/15 - 25%
    FAR - Passed - 10/1/15 - 50%
    REG - Passed - 4/19/16 - 75%
    AUD - Schedule - 5/24/16

Material Using - 2015 Wiley CPAexcel Study Guides and Focus Notes

TheMaker117
    Participant

I passed the CA Ethics exam on the first attempt. What I did is similar to Kel Kel Kel's method. I open the exam, print it out, and log out (without submitting). Next, I go over each question on the CA ethics exam and took notes on what's the main idea and key words. Then, I print out the entire CA Ethics Material (I got the PDF version) just so I have something on hand to clearly look over important information. Then, I went over the CA Ethics materials to find the information that ties with each question on the CA Ethics exam and write down the page numbers and annotate the areas to go back to and review. Once I got all the answers I've needed, I went back to the Calcpa.org website to take the Ethics test, select my answers, and I'm done.

Note: I took my time with this, so I can review my answers before submitting.

FAR: 84
    AUD: 89
    REG: 84
    BEC: 84
    CA Ethics: Passed

FAR (08/2015): 84
    AUD (11/2015): 89
    REG (06/2016): 84
    BEC: In Progress

Michael
    Participant

I had my first Ethics exam attempt just before Thanksgiving and got an 86. I finally passed on my second try with a 92 after the Holidays. I spent literally one entire Saturday on it (like 9am to 9pm). My passing strategy was to match the language from the pdf of the PETH book to the questions and answers being asked. I used the pdf highlighter tool and bookmarked all of the sections that I tied back to my answers. Remember, if the questions specifically uses the word “California” that means more than likely that the you need to locate the answer at the end of the pdf in the California Section. The answer should match the text from the pdf. If it does not, then use your best judgement. Good luck.

FAR - 72, 69, 84
    REG - 57, 75
    AUD - 61, 70, 72, 89
    BEC - 73, 77

JesseD
    Participant

Can I take the ethics exam ( California ) prior
    to passing all 4 sections?

AUD - 78
    BEC - 85
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 78

BEC - Result: Test Date 02/28/2017

REG - Result: Unscheduled

FAR- Result: Unscheduled

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have passed all the CPA exams first time through, but this PETH is kicking my butt. I printed off my exam and worked on it for days. Submitted it tonight – got an 86. I will keep my test answers with the pages noted as to where I found the answers for the next round.

Do the question repeat on these exams? They are not the questions in the book, I checked that out. But after failing this a couple of times, I will have 100 questions with the correct answers collected by then. Will some of these get re-used, or is the topics of the questions what I am saving and making notes on (in which case I will make a lot more notes on)?

Looking for a strategy to pass this stupid thing. I am pretty pissed – 5 questions were tricky, deceptive.

Also, I get 3 trys on this. After that, can I go back to the board and ask for a free 4th attempt or will they automatically make me pay for another 3 attempts?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.