How long will NASBA take to transfer my package to my State Board of Accountancy

• Creator
    Topic
    Mouse
    Participant

Does anyone know how long it will take for NASBA to process all my academic credits and CPA pass file and transfer to my State Board of Accountancy (Utah jurisdiction)? I have contacted NASBA 3 times in this regard through email (due to COVID-19) and got no response yet. Aren’t they supposed to work remotely and respond to emails?

I would really appreciate if anyone knows what is going on with NASBA or knows normally how long it will take them to transfer the whole package.

Thanks,

P:
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    monikernc
    Participant

NASBA processed my initial application to MT pretty quickly – did you have all of your documents and other supporting materials?

My license application is very different from academic evaluation but I have had good turnaround from NASBA since COVID started.

Are you emailing UTlicense@nasba.org? The website says:

Please allow up to two weeks from your file completion date (when application, fees and all additional required materials have been received) for your application to be processed. Acknowledgment of receipt of application will be sent to you via email, unless otherwise indicated. This notice is sent only as acknowledgment of receipt of application.

How long ago did you submit your final application and pay your fees?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Mouse
    Participant

Monikernc. Thanks for your input. But I don’t quite understand what you meant by final application. To be licensed in Utah, I need to apply to the Utah State Board of Accountancy by asking NASBA to provide them my pass file that consists of my passing of CPA exam and all my academic credits with school transcripts. I passed all 4 parts of CPA exam in Feb 2020 and it has almost been 5 months and NASBA has not sent my pass file to my State Board of Accountancy. Do I need to initiate anything to ask NASBA to send that file or NASBA should automatically send it to my State Board? It seems NASBA never responds to emails like what they claimed they would on their website as I already sent them my 3rd request about this matter. I have no way to talk to any live person due to the pandemic. What else I can do? Do I need to send an email to UTlicense@nasba.org? My past 3 requests were sent to NASBA Licensure instead of UT license at BASBA. Will that make any difference if I send to UTlicense@nasba.org?

P:
    monikernc
    Participant

So NASBA has not sent you notification that you have passed all 4 sections?

The Utah board website says:

ATTENTION: DOPL cannot process your application until we receive your Uniform CPA Exam scores from NASBA. DO NOT apply for your license until NASBA has officially notified you of your passing scores. Incomplete applications may be denied if all requirements are not met within 30 days from the date of the application.

NASBA says: Congratulatory Letters
    If you tested through jurisdictions represented by CPA Examination Services (CPAES) – except Florida – you will receive a congratulatory letter from CPAES upon passing the entire CPA Examination. This letter will provide you with further instructions on how to obtain your license, per your Board’s qualifications. All other candidates will receive additional instruction regarding the licensure application process directly from their Board of Accountancy.

You can purchase a reprint of your scores for $25 from the NASBA store: https://nasbastore.org/index.php?main_page=document_product_info&cPath=248&products_id=1096

I am confused too. It sounds you like you have to provide your scores to Utah with your application.

Before you spend any more money email Shelly Crosby scrosby@nasba.org, Director of client services, and politely ask her how you should proceed or who else you need to contact. She was very helpful to me but she is busy and it may take her a few days to respond.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

Mouse
    Participant

I will try to reach out to Shelly. Thanks for the email. I never got a hard-copy of congratulatory letter by mail, but they sent me an email with an attached doc listing the scores for all 4 parts of the exam. However on that doc, it didn't provide me with any further instructions on how to obtain my license though.

P:
    monikernc
    Participant

The UT website tells you what to do. Start an application here. https://dopl.utah.gov/cpa/index.html

It tells you to start if you have the letter from NASBA. If you need anything else you have 30 days to get it done. Why have you waited? You don’t need to email Shelly until you after you first try this.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

Mouse
    Participant

@MoniKernc. Shelly got back with me and helped to locate my pass file. She just sent it to my State Board this afternoon. Hope the Board gets it. I just want to say thank you for giving me her email so I could reach out to her for help. Without your help, I don't know how I am able to get my issue addressed. Now I pretty much got everything ready except 1 year of work experience under the supervision of a CPA–Stressfully looking for a job under such a dire situation. I sincerely wish you a prominent success in your professional career. Many thanks!!

P:
    monikernc
    Participant

You are welcome. Shelly Crosby does her job. Send her a nice thank you email telling her how much this means to you. She deserves our appreciation and respect. Good luck with your job search.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.