IL License Process Time 2018

• Creator
    Topic
    PassPassPass
    Participant

Hi everyone, I submitted my application on 5/31 on IDFPR website. I see some old threads said the processing would take 3-4 months before 2018 while others said they became licensed within 1-2 weeks after they submitted electronically. Does anyone apply for the license in IL recently? Can you share your timeline?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 83
    REG - 87
    Done
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jenpen
    Participant

I was licensed in March. I believe the process took less than 2 weeks.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

PassPassPass
    Participant

@Jennifer That is a fast process compared with CA and NY. I will be waiting for another week.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 83
    REG - 87
    Done
    PJ
    Participant

@Jennifer

On the IDFPR application, there is a section that asks for CPE records. It says that it applies only if the IL certificate was issued more than 4 years prior to application, but it seems to require that you upload a document before proceeding on to the rest of the application.

Did you run into this, and if so what did you upload?

Also, when your license was officially issued, did you get an email notification or anything? Or do you just keep checking the IDFPR website?

AUD - 83
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 92
    REG - 91
    Licensed in IL
    PJ
    Participant

Can anyone that has applied for licensure recently in IL answer the above question?

Thank you!

AUD - 83
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 92
    REG - 91
    Licensed in IL
    jenpen
    Participant

Hey, sorry, PJ! I’ve been kind of MIA on the boards lately.

I had CPE certificates, so I uploaded all from the last 3 years. I’m not sure what to say if you don’t have any CPE yet. In that case, I would probably call them and see what they are looking for.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

jenpen
    Participant

Oh, and I just kept checking the site for my license. I think I got an email, but I already had my license by that point.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

PassPassPass
    Participant

@PJ I did see the section requiring CPE credit hours during the first time I went to IDFPR website. When I initiated my application, that section disappeared. I guess that probably because I answered the question that I obtained the certificate during the past 3 years. I am not sure. I am sure you do not have to worry about it as long as you obtained your certificate during the past 3 years then you can waive such requirement.

I waited more than 3 weeks to be licensed in IL. I expect the processing time will be longer due to the score release yesterday and more people passing their fourth sections.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 83
    REG - 87
    Done
    Joetse
    Participant

I just passed the CPA in Illinois, and they know if we're first time applicants, that section doesn't apply. Since we're applying within 4 years of attaining the certificate, that would mean it's not applicable. I would put N/A, and see if it takes without uploading anything. It should, because all first time applicants that just passed aren't required any CPEs for 3 years. I will be applying soon, after I get my employment experience verification from my former boss, and give an update here in a week. Also, I better file my 2017 taxes, even though we have until October 15 to do that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@PJ i just had the same problem. did you ever get resolution. I just uploaded blank CPE forms since i dont need to have any per the requirements.

PJ
    Participant

I spoke to the IDFPR the other day and she told me to just upload the copy of the certificate in that section and they would know that no CPE is required based on the date of the certificate.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 92
    REG - 91
    Licensed in IL
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

I applied for my license on June 29th and I received my license today. Now its officially official.

I AM A CPA!

Data_75
    Participant

I ran into the CPE issue like many of you, I just uploaded a blank form when I got to that part. Below is my time frame of events

6/11 received final exam score
    6/12 finished ethics exam
    6/12 received certificate from IBOE (they submit these the 1st and 15th every month to IDFPR)
    6/19 Submitted Application to IDFPR
    6/24 Received License

I did not wait the two full weeks like ILBOE tells you to, guessing they say that since they only give IDFPR certificates twice a month. All in all it was a surprisingly smooth and fast process…Hope this helps.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    I wouldn't be mad if I never saw another multiple choice question again!
    Ooh

Fellow Illinoians

If you got your initial CPA license, was it valid for only one year? Mine seems to expire the next year in Sep. I thought they gave you 3 years. I guess I am wrong.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.