Oregon Narrative Help

• Creator
    Topic
    Chloe
    Participant

Hi,

If you already obtained your OR CPA license, can you please review my essay and give me some tips?
    I’ve just received an email from the Board to revise my essay but I really don’t know how to touch it.

I am not sure if anybody who obtained a license would visit this community again but I really need your help.

Thank you.

AUD - 81

BEC - 76

FAR - 75 (expired), 76

REG - 77

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Affekerl
    Participant

Hi Chloe,

I would be happy to review your essay. I am still writing mine though, so I can't give you the perspective of someone who's already passed this hurdle.

Affekerl

AUD: 81 (10/30/15)
    BEC: 80 (01/19/16)
    REG: XX (05/XX/16)
    FAR: XX (07/XX/16)

Chloe
    Participant

I've already commented on someone else's thread so I've copied and pasted the same answer.
    If you are still working on your narrative, my comment might be helpful since the Board has approved my license. I would like to give you a timeline.
    I've passed my exam in March 2020 and submitted my narrative with related docs at the end of April. The Board said that i did not give them enough definition of each competency and rejected my first narrative in mid May. I resubmitted it on May 20th and received the approved email in June 8th. At the first attempt, I wrote about 5 pages and 2nd attempt, I wrote 8 pages.
    Unfortunately, I am not able to share my narrative but from my experience you need to include definitions of 7 competencies (like textbook definitions) and give them one or two examples from your work experience but you should not miss any of the competency. you must include every single competency on your narrative. For example, if they ask you “integrity” and “due diligence”, you must explain both of them not just pick integrity and expand on it.
    I hope it helps you to start off your narrative. Good luck!

AUD - 81

BEC - 76

FAR - 75 (expired), 76

REG - 77

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.