Utah Licensure

• Creator
    Topic
    mvhoover
    Participant

Hey all, does anyone from Utah have any good information on the “Utah Laws and Rules” examination?

I am taking it in a week, I have my binder setup with all the available open-book source information. I am just wondering if it is hard? Anything I should look out for in my preparation. Anything you wish you had known when you took it?

Thanks Everyone.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Wyatt
    Participant

I took it about a year ago, and I read through the sections that applied to CPAs, then it was fairly easy to look things up during the exam since I was already familiar with it. It's not very hard, but I would be careful about time. I started to run out near the end, so I had to pick up the pace.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 86
    REG - 78
    Licensed in Utah
    mvhoover
    Participant

Thanks, Wyatt. I will keep the timing in mind. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult, but I'd hate to have to retake it.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
    Wyatt
    Participant

It really wasn't very tough. But I felt the same way and really didn't want to have to retake it, so that's why I ended up using all of my time. Just skim through the material beforehand, then you should be familiar enough that it won't be a big deal. Good luck, I hope you are able to finish up the last remaining requirements without any hiccups!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 86
    REG - 78
    Licensed in Utah
    mvhoover
    Participant

Update for all you Utah people: I took the PSI Utah Laws and Rules exam on 03/07/2020. This information may be obsolete soon because it sounds like they are changing companies to a different company to administer the exam. I imagine the exam will change too. Regardless here was my experience: I studied for probably 2 hours total. It was not hard, but you need to be prepared and here is how: Print off your materials and get them into a binder. Buy as many tabs as you can. I wish I would have had more tabs. Essentially you don't really need to study the material, but rather you need to study where things are at since its open book. It was an intense hour of flipping through pages and finding answers. I got a 91%. It was not too difficult, but don't go in blind. To find some of the answers it takes 5 minutes +. Best of luck!

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.