16 point increase! Thanks Jeff & Minimorty!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Mitzie7
    Participant

The first two times I failed REG I wasn’t that surprised. Back to back 71’s were disappointing but I had a lot of family stuff going on during those times and I did not study as much as I should. The third time though I studied a ton. I watched the home study lectures again, I scored in the 80’s and 90’s on my MCQ’s and I felt prepared. I was shocked when I got a 70! It was my worst exam score ever. I was ready to walk away from the whole thing.

Before I quit I turned to Another 71 and asked for advice. Jeff and Minimorty encouraged me to try again because I was so close to being done. They both said that I should try something new with my study materials. I took their advice and tried one more time. This time though I added the NINJA Audio for REG and the NINJA notes. I listened to the NINJA Audio at work and on my hour and 20 minute drive to the exam. I rewrote all of the NINJA notes. That really helped me to focus in on the things that I didn’t know that well.

I was still so nervous when exam day came. There was that little voice in my head that was telling me that I was going to flunk again. There was a question in the first testlet of the exam that I was able to answer only because I had heard the material on Jeff’s audio. That was such a confidence booster for the rest of the exam. That really shut off that negative talk in my brain!

It was such a thrill when I checked my scores on Wednesday and saw that 86! That is a 16 point boost over my last exam! I really feel like I owe that to the NINJA Notes and NINJA Audio. It was the extra help I needed to get me through.

Of course I never would have even tried one more time if Jeff and Minimorty hadn’t encouraged me to keep going. I was at such a low point when I flunked my third exam. I felt like such a loser. It meant so much to me that you two thought I could do it if I just changed my game plan. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help!

I still can’t believe it – I passed the CPA exam! YAHOO!! Good luck to everyone who is still studying! You can do it!

AUD 74, 83
    FAR 75
    REG 71, 71, 70, 86!!!!!! 🙂
    BEC 85

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    abacus
    Participant

Congratulations!!

BEC 81
    AUD 76
    FAR 70, 76
    REG 58, 78! DONE!

"I am not my intentions. I am my actions."

jeff
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff!

I remember how down you were after the 70…I love stories like this.

Freedom!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Minimorty
    Participant

Congrats, Mitzie! Happy to hear that you took care of business on your last exam. That is awesome.

mmcgrad1

Congrats on being done!

I'm glad you asked for advice before you quit. A71 is a wonderful place of support for CPA candidates. Jeff is amazing for creating A71 when he saw a real need from candidates, and there are many great users like Mini who provide great insight to candidates. Thanks for sharing your story; it's great for others still studying!

NIU CPA Review Correspondence is awesome!

I passed all four sections on the first attempt

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.