Character Letters?

• Creator
    Topic
    Kgal
    Participant

I’m applying for my license online in MA- so I’ll be uploading my character letters. Anyone have any feedback on what these letters need to say, and if they need to have an original signature? Also, are friends OK to write these or do they have to be former peer employees/employer? Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    seankeenan
    Participant

Hey! I overthought these so much too….I am submitting exactly this for all 3 signed by co-workers of mine (can be anybody that you've interacted with for an extended period of time that is a CPA): “Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter of reference is written on behalf of Sean Keenan. I have known Sean for a period of five years and have had numerous opportunities to observe him in both professional and personal settings. I believe Sean to be of good moral character and of strong ethical standards. He is a credit to the accounting profession and a fine individual.

I am pleased to recommend him to the Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy.

Sincerely”

Simple as that. And yes I do believe the signature should be original. I have friends at work that had our other friends/peers whom they met like 2 years ago at work sign the letters.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 81
    Sean Keenan
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.