NASBA Transcript Question

• Creator
    Topic
    suzieemac
    Participant

When I applied to sit for the exam, I did not have full educational credit for a license, but I had enough to sit for the exam (one of each of the core classes). Now that I have my full accounting degree, and have passed the CPA exam, I want to apply for my license – can I just have my school send over the updated transcript or do I have to send all of my transcripts again? Long story short, my undergrad and MBA transcripts were sent in pieces and it was a disaster/headache because of the way my school (school #1) sent it. I am hoping that I do not have to send those two again. Sending the updated Accounting transcript from school #2 would be no problem.

Thanks in advance!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 78
    REG - 86
    Suzanne

"No one cares, work harder."

AUD - 8/12/16
    REG - 10/7/16
    BEC - 11/18/16
    FAR - TBD

#300before30 - Pass the CPA exam before my 30th Birthday.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    cpa1234
    Participant

I would call your state board and ask them, but in my opinion, it's better to just send anything and everything without asking. Getting the notification that your application is on hold because you are missing something is the worst. It takes forever for things to be reviewed and if they review it and find something isn't complete, you'll have to re-send and wait even longer to be reviewed again.

I sent NASBA my undergraduate transcript (120 credits) to get an NTS, but I finished my masters (30 credits) right before taking the first exam. I didn't remember if I sent another transcript to NASBA to prove I had 150 done. I called my state board asking if NASBA sends the original undergraduate transcript with the scores and the board said yes. So I thought I didn't need to request my undergrad transcript again for the board, just my masters. But when I called NASBA the person who answered had no idea what I was talking about and said they only send scores not transcripts too. So I got conflicting information everywhere and decided I'll just send the board everything possible so I didn't have any issues with my application.

The process sucks and takes forever, so I would just go ahead and request everything from school #1 and school #2 and send it to the board.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    BEC: 78 (May 2017)

FAR: 76 (Oct 2017)

AUD: 83 (April 2018)

REG: 79 (June 2018)

NZBJDY
    Participant

I have the same issue!!!! I think I am ordering my transcript and send it with my package!! My question is about the 4 hours ethics class!!! Do I need to take the ethics class again?

AUD - 75
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 77
    REG - 83
    It is always seems impossible until it’s done!

Always do your best, what you plant now

you will harvest later!!!

cafeteria_food
    Participant

You really need to call your state board or look on their website for licensing requirements… For Colorado:

3.3 OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
    A Candidate must supply an official transcript to the Board or its designee when applying to sit for the
    Examination. An additional official transcript may be required at the time the Candidate applies for
    certification. These official transcripts must be sent from the granting college or university directly to the Board or its designee. However, the Board may accept an official transcript from the Candidate if the
    transcript is provided in an official envelope sealed by the granting college or university.

AUD - 94
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 84
    REG - 75
    Colorado CPA

NZBJDY
    Participant

Okay, I am confused!!!! Can anyone help me??? I passed all of my exams and just a received a envelope with the forms that they needed for issuance of license. My question is do I need to take 4 hours of ethics course??
    I took ethics class in university in 2014.
    The form says “ this course must be taken not more than six month prior to your certification as a Texas CPA.the board has number of providers for four hours ethics course. View the list of the providers at the following link. You should include a copy of ur certfication of completion of the course with ur issuance material when u submit it to the board.”
    After I submitted all these forms they will send me link to the Rules of Professional conducts exam which should be passed with score higher than 85%!!!!!
    I thought after I passed the exams I only need to take Rule of Professional conduct exam (ethics)

AUD - 75
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 77
    REG - 83
    It is always seems impossible until it’s done!

Always do your best, what you plant now

you will harvest later!!!

cpa1234
    Participant

Every state is different. An ethics class is a requirement in a lot of states which includes an exam that you have to pass. A course you took at school isn't the same. My state does not require an ethics course. Some states require 8 hours and an exam. If Texas says you need to do 4 hours plus an exam, then that is required as part of your license.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    BEC: 78 (May 2017)

FAR: 76 (Oct 2017)

AUD: 83 (April 2018)

REG: 79 (June 2018)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.