Official “I Passed the CPA Exam” Thread - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the “I Passed the CPA Exam” thread for CPA Candidates who are DONE and have their Life Back.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,066 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kingpasty
    Participant

Done! I got back my diagnostic report today. “Stronger” in sims on REG. There is no way this isn't graded on some sort of a curve…I absolutely bombed the sims. Feels great to be done…thank you Jeff for the great software.

BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    AUD - 86

Wiley/CPA Excel and Ninja MCQ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally received my last two passing scores, and I have successfully completed all four sections in four months. I was fortunate enough to have the summer off after graduation so that I could study full-time in order to finish the exam before I start work in the fall, so I realize only four months of this torture is not the norm.

I passed each section on the first attempt, using only Becker materials. I watched all of the lectures and followed along in the textbooks, taking notes as I listened. However, I did not do too much of the homework problems. Rather, I worked through the simulations for each chapter once or twice and then focused most of my attention on going through the book over and over again. Then I took the Becker practice exams in the few days before each scheduled test and went back to the books to focus in on my weaker areas. Doing thousands of multiple choice problems was never going to work for me, and I knew that understanding the topics in the books was going to do me more favors on the exam than cramming practice problems. Throughout this process, I have learned the importance of self-awareness about your own learning style and what will work for you. I was able to successfully maximize the quality of the hours I put into studying by doing the things that worked for me.

I realize that my experience is very unusual, and I do not recommend that anyone skips over the homework just because I did. However, I do advise those still going through this process to grasp a solid understanding of the topics (whether through reading the textbooks, listening to lectures, etc.) rather than solely powering through multiple choice questions endlessly until you have a high trending percentage. I tried this in the beginning, and I quickly felt burnt out and realized I was just memorizing answers rather than developing a foundation that I could use to solve the actual problems on the actual exam. I strongly believe that the quality of your studying is more rewarding than the quantity of hours spent.

These are my scores (in the order I took them) with how many weeks I spent studying for each section. I only studied Monday through Friday and treated this as a typical full-time job with weekends off. I felt satisfied with the order I took them in, and I think this order works well in terms of the flow and amount of the information covered in each section.

FAR: 80 – 4 and a half weeks
    BEC: 85 – 1 and a half weeks
    REG: 85 – 3 weeks
    AUD: 96 – 2 weeks

Figure out what works for you and focus on the quality of the study hours you put in. These exams are tough, but I strongly believe that catering to how your brain most efficiently retains the material is essential to passing, and passing sooner rather than later. I am so excited to be done, and I wish the best of luck to those still powering through!

Soon2Ba_CPA
    Participant

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Jeff and the whole crew here.

Started this journey last July after starting a new job. Using only the Ninja MCQ and Ninja Notes I knocked out the four parts in five attempts total (only REG had to be retaken), finishing this past month and hopefully receiving my license later this month. The Ninja materials are the best bang for your buck out there, and it isn't even close.

BEC: 77
    FAR: 76
    AUD: 81
    REG: 77

Done!

stacy_scm
    Participant

I wanted to post in this thread for so long. AUD kept me but I am finally DONE!

WZcpa15
    Participant

I am officially done…. I am done with ETHICS too… Thank You JESUS!!!!!

All Exam Done - FAR 86, BEC 82, REG 86, AUD 78
    CA Ethics Passed - July 16

BEC - Passed - 7/27/15 - 25%
    FAR - Passed - 10/1/15 - 50%
    REG - Passed - 4/19/16 - 75%
    AUD - Schedule - 5/24/16

Material Using - 2015 Wiley CPAexcel Study Guides and Focus Notes

bhunt815
    Participant

All done! What am I going to do with my nights and weekends?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 84
    REG - 78
    Becker Self Study supplemented with Ninja MCQ's for BEC and REG.

Licensed CPA in Louisiana.

FAR 04/11/2016 - 84
    AUD 05/12/2016 - 79
    BEC 07/06/2016 - 81
    REG 08/29/2016

REG-FTW86
    Participant

If you're reading this and wondering what you can do to get over the hump. BUY 10 POINT COMBO, It is CHEAP and it works!!! I used just that on my re-take. I didn't look at Roger's book or lectures or MCQ at all. Not bashing Roger's review course but on REG it just wasn't working for me.

I have waited so long to be able to post in here. I cannot begin to tell you how great this is. Words cannot express. I will tell you that I did not think I was going to be able to pass REG. I had 2 more tries before any exams expired. I looked at reviews for the 10 point combo and said what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I read that book and followed the NINJA method and came out of REG with the highest test score of all 4. I went from a 61 to an 80. Obviously it wasn't my first try so that plays a part in it as well but this web-site knows what it is doing. The MCQ is key. I did trend pretty well (not 85) but over 75 and ended up with an 80.

What did I do on this last REG Exam differently? I purchased NINJA 10 point combo, I hung out with friends on Friday nights instead of studying. I started going to the driving range, played FIFA on my PS4 again and relaxed a little bit and I stopped worrying so much. I found I do the best on exams when I am either hitting the gym often or playing FIFA in between studying and having “me” time. I even took a week off from studying for a work trip but that helped me relax. When I got back from the trip I just hit review and MCQ for the next week and a half before the test.

Again, good luck to all still attacking this beast. It's easier for some and I'm not one of those. Difficulty in order from easiest to hardest for me personally was BEC/AUD/FAR/REG.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 80
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."  Thomas A. Edison

How bad do you want it?

Regulation For The Win!

FAR 57, 62, 77
    BEC 70,77
    AUD 54,78
    REG 66, 62, 7/29

FAR.BEC.AUD.AUD.BEC.FAR.FAR.REG.REG

Roger CPA Review / Ninja MCQ Supplement

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time - Thomas Edison

mselaineous
    Participant

And I am officially done! I can hardly believe it. I passed all 4 on the first attempt, in 5 months (April, May, July & August). It was worth having no life. I'm in my 40's, have been in industry a long time and never thought I could do it, but with a good review program and good MCQs (thanks Jeff and Ninja) and dedication I did it!!

FAR - Passed (04/16) ROGER
    AUD - Passed (05/16) ROGER & Ninja MCQs
    REG - Passed (07/16) ROGER & Ninja MCQs
    BEC - 08/16

Ib
    Participant

I have been waiting for this moment. Finally passed my last section REG. It has been a bumpy ride for me. But with hard work, commitment and dedication I did it!

I would like to thank Jeff and Ninja forum community. you guys are awesome. NINJA CPA REVIEW is must!

AUD - 87
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 79
    REG - 81
    Licensed CPA in MA, OCT 2016

FAR 79
    AUD 87
    BEC 78
    REG 08/31/2016

Pavilion
    Participant

Finally finished! It still doesn't feel real. I started studying for my first section the first week of February and just got my last score a few days ago. The order I took the sections was FAR (85), BEC (84), REG (84), AUD (93). The Another71 forum community has been invaluable throughout this journey. My next steps are completing the work experience requirement and getting back in shape. To those of you who are still studying, keep pressing on. It will be worth it in the end.

FAR 04/27/16 85
    BEC 05/26/16 84
    REG 07/19/16 84
    AUD 08/27/16

pyacpa49
    Participant

Never been so happy to see a number in my life. 79 and the journey is over! Finally. Done. Now to get that experience..

Passed FAR and I am done with the CPA exam! The sense of relief, joy, and excitement is truly incredible. I started studying for BEC back during the last week of December 2015 and took my last exam on August 30th. It was an 8-month ordeal that tested every aspect of my character and personal strength, but it was worth every second. Thank you Jeff for creating this website and thank you to all of the other CPAs and CPA candidates who have shared valuable advice and knowledge here on another71 over the course of my journey.

BEC- 89 (January-2016)- 5 weeks becker
    REG- 92 (April-2016)- 6.5 weeks becker/ninja MC suplement
    AUD- 96 (May-2016)- 5 weeks becker
    FAR- 93 (August-2016)- 8 weeks becker

BEC - 89
    REG - 92
    AUD - 96
    FAR - Scheduled

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just received my certificate # today from the ILBOE! I have to say that all the work has been worth it to seen a license status of “certified” in my application profile.

My word of advice is that multiple choice questions are a great way to gauge where you are at in mastering the material, but they are a poor way to learn the material. I used only becker, and the key to success for me was listening to the lectures, and taking good notes. Then reviewing those notes over and over and over.

I committed about 2 months to each section, with the exception of BEC, which I only studied about 5 weeks. I also work full time.

One last piece of encouragement, if you leave the exam feeling deflated, defeated, and asking yourself why you spent so much time studying for an exam that wasn't anything like what you studied, don't lose heart. This is the nature of the exam. This is how I felt every time, and I passed every time.

This forum was key for me in getting encouragement, and information all along the way, and I can't thank everyone enough.

4/4

FAR – 82 – 02/27/2016
    REG – 91 – 04/30/2016
    AUD – 89 – 07/02/2016
    BEC – 89 – 08/27/2016

pfloyd
    Participant

I busted my ass for 11 months and had a couple of failures, but I'm finally done. I'd love to thank the forum for encouragement after getting two 74's helped me keep going!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    B#### Don't Kill My Vibe

AUD 5/27/16 74 &#%!! 7/13/2016 86!
    BEC 8/17/2016
    FAR 11/04/2015 73, 1/4/2016 75 (phew!)
    REG 2/26/2016 74. 4/2/2016 79

Anonymous
    Inactive

FINALLY DONE! I went 4 for 4 with this soul sucking test. I have never posted before but I have scrolled through the topics many times looking for encouragement and I found it often. This is a great resource full of people who really understand what it is like to give part of your life to studying for this test. The reassuring words I found here kept me going through the dark times of studying so thank you to everybody!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,066 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.