Passed all 4 parts in Q3

• Creator
    Topic
    Samantha
    Participant

I will start by prefacing that I graduated in May, so this isn’t a realistic exam schedule for someone working full time. Studying was my full time job- 9-5 every day. I sat for FAR July 2, AUD July 23, REG Aug 17, and BEC August 31st. I passed all 4. Although my schedule isn’t feasible for someone who works full time, I believe my study methods were efficient. My primary study material was Becker and Ninja MC. Here’s what worked for me:

1. Unless it was a topic I was unfamiliar with/unclear on, I skipped the lecture and did not read the chapter. For me this took up a lot of time that could be better spent actively learning through application.
    2. Skip the skills practice. I didn’t find these to be very beneficial. The only exam I used them on was FAR, and that was my worst score.
    3. Go straight to MC. Take notes on whatever you got wrong and the things that you guessed and got right. Do as many MC as possible. I did every single MC question in the Becker/Ninja year banks.
    4. Save the SIMS for 2~ days before you leave first mock. For REG and BEC, I stopped taking mocks because I did not find the mocks to be representative of the actual exam for FAR and AUD. The only thing mocks did for me was kill my confidence. I do think they have the benefit of showing you how well you’re managing your time.
    5. Start off every day by reviewing your notes and taking a 30~ question progress test. I found this helped me not forget the material I had learned in the prior chapters.
    6. Take advantage of the AICPA mock exam. This was a very good representation of the type of questions to expect on the actual exam.
    7. If your study material provides you with a final review book, use it. I would use these about 3 days before the exam, and it really helped me master the essentials in the last stretch.

Again, everyone learns differently, and it may not work for everyone, but this method certainly saved me a lot of time and stress.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    cpa1234
    Participant

This is really amazing and I envy anyone who got the exams done during the summer before starting full time in the fall. I only managed to take two exams during that time. If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores?

AUD - 83
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    BEC: 78 (May 2017)

FAR: 76 (Oct 2017)

AUD: 83 (April 2018)

REG: 79 (June 2018)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting, this is almost the exact same strategy I used when studying for exams except that I probably read a few more of the chapters, and it took me about twice as long (I was working full-time). Still, that is VERY impressive to pass all 4 sections in one quarter even studying full-time. I know in Texas last quarter, only 4 candidates of about 3,000 were able to do this. Congratulations.

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

Wow impressive even if you did this full time. Not easy to pull through. 🙌🏼

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Samantha
    Participant

FAR- 80
    AUD- 94
    REG- 85
    BEC- 96

MSim
    Participant

@Samantha Congrats! Those scores were high as well! Just curious, did you use the Becker Final Review and did you do the entire course in 3 days before your exam or did you just select the ones you were weaker on? How did you use the Final Review in 3 days?

"Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" -- Muhammad Ali

Samantha
    Participant

It was Becker final review. I read through it and highlighted/made notes in the book. I did it for every section, not just weak areas. The final review book doesn’t take very long to get through. 3 days was the longest it ever took me, but some people move at a different pace and would maybe need to do it a week out. I just recommend doing it as close to the exam as possible so you’re fresh on the material.

MSim
    Participant

thanks for the confirmation! I did start on the final review for FAR with Peter's areas, but then it got to Tim Gearty and it just made me mad that he just reads it and tells you what to highlight without really adding anything valuable. So, might just read the book instead!

"Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" -- Muhammad Ali

harry
    Participant

Do you think becker final review is better than having the actual becker course?

Samantha
    Participant

No, I don’t think it can act as a complete replacement. Like I said in my OP, if it was a topic I wasn’t familiar with (Corporate taxation for REG, IT for BEC, etc), I read the chapter in detail. I think the final review does a good job in showing what you absolutely need to be prepared for in very high level form.

Skynet
    Participant

@Samantha – You're too smart to be an accountant. You need to go work for NASA or become an Engineer.☺

AUD - 90
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - In Progress
    Phase III : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase IV : Form the new Charlie's Angels with Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, & Gal Gadot
    Phase V : TBD

BEC : 78
    REG : 87
    FAR : 84
    AUD : 90

World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - Initiated
    Phase III : Bring back 8-Tracks
    Phase IV : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase V : TBA

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.