Recommendations for online CPE courses

• Creator
    Topic
    Larry
    Participant

The CA Board of Accountancy wants me to take 80 hours(!) of CPE before they’ll issue my license. I’m trying to find on line CPE-qualified webinars. I’ve looked at the AICPA’s site, but their offerings look really expensive and do not give many hours. I’ve seen other sites that offer bundles, would be cheaper for me since I need 80 hours. One of which is Surgent CPE (www.surgentCPE.com). Another is CPEThink.com. And I think even Becker offers CPE now.

Does anyone have experience with Becker, Surgent, CPEThink or any other sites where you can get large hours of CPE via webinars at decent prices?

“roger-cpa-review”/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

If you do something like the AICPA CPExpress, you can read/do quizzes at your own pace vs being at the mercy of a webinar. You could spend an hour on a 4-hour webinar and then have to run somewhere unexpectedly and you will miss the check-ins and lose that hour of time.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    margaret874
    Participant

If you do something like the AICPA CPExpress, you can read/do quizzes at your own pace vs being at the mercy of a webinar. You could spend an hour on a 4-hour webinar and then have to run somewhere unexpectedly and you will miss the check-ins and lose that hour of time.

Margaret

Agree with Jeff. Not always the most current, but AICPA Express is cheap & efficient. Right now they're offering a lot of COVID-19 freebies and deep discounts. My-CPE.com is also offering freebies/discounts right now. Both sights require signing-up for email.

Margaret
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.