Who here wants to thank this forum?

• Creator
    Topic
    Small4
    Participant

No joke, this forum has been the best thing to exist for us trying to get the CPA. Sometimes, this exam makes you feel alone since its not like college where you can easily group w/ other students to study and some of us are a bit older than most so its hard to find a pool of people trying to reach the same goal.

No other forum i’ve been in has had this many ADULTS (not immature people who just troll around for no reason) who are genuinely try to help others out in their questions or at least stir us the right way on any topic. Just want to say thanks another71/jeff for creating this site.

I’ll be going back to this here and there and hope to offer any comments that may (or may not) help someone out in their journey. I DEFINITELY benefited alot from those who asked away and those who responded to my questions. I will definitely recommend this site for future CPAs.

Again, thank you!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 82
    REG - 77
    -Becker (do all mcq, period),
    -Buy NINJA mcq (68% trend), and
    -PRINT trouble topics.

-Also Used WTB mcq (68% trend).
    -Do 40-50 SIMs and read answers/try to learn from solutions like its a book example.
    -Lastly, when having trouble with same topic, go big picture and watch trouble lecture

BEC - 68,70,72,75 5/15
    AUD - 78(expired), 77 8/15
    REG - 29,58,65,77 1/16
    FAR - 56,68,73 - retake October hopefully (last shot)

Been doing this since 2007 on and off...

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    monikernc
    Participant

I have thanked this forum hundreds of times but am happy to do so again and again because I will be forever grateful. I finished in first attempts in 2016 after about 9 months of studying with Ninja only. This forum provided help, friendship, insight, and much needed laughter – Biff and Eesti and Skynet we chuckled!!
    I could not have been so determined to pass without the encouragement and push from this forum and looking back I would not have wanted to do it without the camaraderie I found so plentiful here.
    I still visit because knowing a place like this still exists for people like me is sometimes all I need to know in this world.
    Jeff has done a wonderful thing here and I thank him everyday I get to work in this profession.
    Thank you!!

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Jen-J
    Participant

I learned so much from this place about how things work at the testing site (paper and pencil testing accommodation FTW). I found out about early score releases multiple times (and now that I'm cheering on friends and coworkers, I still like to keep up on the release schedule.) I loved the support from people who knew how grueling this process can be.

AUD: 87

BEC: 90

FAR: 93

REG: 84

CPA license issued September 2018

turo9992000
    Participant

I love this forum, because it's tho only real place filled with others that know the struggle of the CPA exam. I didn't think I would be able to pass until I found this forum. I learned that it wasn't so much about being smart, it was about perseverance. Jeff did a great job with this forum and with his ninja products.

AUD - 64, 80 Passed on 10/09/17

BEC - 75 Passed on 12/09/17

FAR - 69, 71, 73, 83 Passed on 06/10/18

REG - 81 Passed on 09/10/17

jeff
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words. However – it's the members that make this site great after 10 years…a big thank you to all of you!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71

I passed way back in 2014, can’t believe it’s been almost 5 years since I snuck by with that 78 on AUD. I remember at the time thinking “ok…which letters are next”…but had a lot of other things to figure out first. I passed all on the first shot, with mostly a corporate finance background….and this forum was a huge part of that. The people, Jeff’s materials, and yes Jeff you do make it all happen. The participants in the forum drive the car but you build and maintain the car for us to drive. So thank you, even five years later..

MBA,CMA,CPA, CFF?, ABV?

turo9992000
    Participant

I work at a small firm and I was the only person at work that was studying for the exam. The other CPAs all passed over 20 years before. This forum is the only place I found where people actually understand what the CPA exam is. You guys motivated me and made me realize that it was possible.

Jeff helped me find a way to study. I listened to his another71 podcast and basically did what he said, take notes and study early in the morning, at lunch and late into the night everyday.

I doubt I could have passed without all of you.

AUD - 64, 80 Passed on 10/09/17

BEC - 75 Passed on 12/09/17

FAR - 69, 71, 73, 83 Passed on 06/10/18

REG - 81 Passed on 09/10/17

Asja
    Participant

Yes big thanks to Jeff! I'll be purchasing the Ninja material to help supplement my Wiley. I am planning on sitting for my first exam, FAR, in July…I hope I can be supportive to others on here and I appreciate anyone's help. I apologize if I ever “trolled”, I sincerely hope to make some CPA buddy friends on here because it fills my heart to know that I'm not alone in this.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)
    Recked
    Participant

Love the Forum. Huge thanks to Jeff.
    Passed a while back and still visit almost everyday to try and help others, just as people before me (including Jeff) helped me on the journey.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

jeff
    Keymaster

@How many – great to see you again!

@Turo – so you were my one podcast listener 🙂

@recked – I've noticed that you've stuck around – most people don't, so I appreciate you.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    monikernc
    Participant

Hi Jeff, I come around once in awhile, too!! Hope you and the brood are all well!

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

jeff
    Keymaster

Long time no talk! Hope the mountains are treating you well.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.