Passed Regulation. THE BEAST!

• Creator
    Topic

Best feeling ever.. Reg is a beast,, So much respect for that paper. Before i took it, i thought FAR was the beast..

FAR: DONE!~72,76
    AUD: DONE!!~82
    REG: DONE!!!~73,85
    BEC: Done!!!!~76, 83
    ETHICS: 91

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I was also surprised at how difficult REG was. Shocked I passed first shot…looking forward to wrapping this party up in Q4!

MBA,CMA,CPA, CFF?, ABV?

Mamabear

Congrats Howmany!!! I went scrolling through the score release specifically looking for your post. Finally had to get my answer by going back to the FAR Q2 thread and seeing your new signature. Whoo Hoo! One more to go!!!

CPA Exam - Finally DONE (November 2014)
    BEC (08/10/13) 80
    AUD (08/24/13) 65 (11/13/13) 85
    FAR (04/12/14) 81
    REG (07/19/14) 69 (11/29/14) 87!!

Freeman

I got perfect score of 75 on the REG beast. This is my lowest score of all, but the feeling is the best. I for sure missed the research question, guessed on most part of the Simulations, but still managed 75. The best feeling ever, I am DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thechapman

It's too bad people always make FAR out to be the “one to beat”. I thought REG was just as bad

Passed - 2014

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am just starting studying for REG…. and it definitely seems the hardest to me! 🙁 Taxes have never been my thing though.

Participant

harder than FAR?

BEC - ✔
    REG - ✔
    AUD - ✔
    FAR - 11/29/14

CPAExcel, Ninja MCQs, and a sh*t ton of coffee

panictimme

I am also very interested in hearing opinions on whether reg is more difficult than far…

Kimboroni

I like REG material a lot more than FAR, and found the studying for REG so much more manageable than FAR. So much more.

The actual tests were about the same for me overall, although also quite different in their makeup. I thought I killed the FAR MCQs and had nightmares about my FAR sims. I really struggled with the REG MCQs but loved (really) my REG sims. Scores were about the same.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it is different for everyone! For me, I took a lot of classes that were similar to the material tested in FAR, whereas I only took one tax class so I'm finding a lot of the material in REG unfamiliar and more difficult to grasp. I haven't actually taken the REG exam yet so I guess I can't really say which one is more difficult, this is just based off of studying Becker. A lot of people say FAR is the most difficult just because it has the most amount of material.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sorry. I am going to completely disagree. THERE ARE NO EASY CHAPTERS IN FAR, especially with IFRS.

There are some extremely soft chapters in REG including filing status and ethics. Need I mention the 8 v. 10 chapter difference?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I am only on Chapter 3 of REG so it may have been too soon to form an opinion…. but that's good news to hear if there are easier chapters to come!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think REG is worse. FAR certainly has more material, but I never found myself remembering specific little details outside of a few cases, for the most part it's relatively logical and consistent. at some point after studying for a hundred hours you can look at a problem and have the T account drawn in your head giving you every answer before you're done reading the question.

REG has less material, but you need to get every detail of it down. you can't think your way through most REG problems. there's no rhyme or reason, logic or consistency. you either know the detail, or you don't. so in the end, you're studying less stuff, but have much more to keep in your head. every little detail is important.

my opinion, anyways.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@drag, take FAR for me please

JamesBJames
    Participant

I thought FAR and REG were both pretty brutal, although I think my vote goes to FAR. Just barely. At least with Becker, the FAR book is 20-25% longer than REG and I felt exhausted after I got done with F7 only to find there was still a huge stretch of governmental and not-for-profit accounting afterward. At least with REG, R6-R8 (all the business law stuff) goes by pretty quickly.

It's close, though.

I think the hardest MCQs I ever had were on FAR.

I think the hardest SIMs I ever had were on REG.

FAR: May 1st, 2014 - 91
    AUD: May 29th, 2014 - 97!
    BEC: July 16th, 2014 - 91
    REG: August 29th, 2014 - 88

Licensed December 2015

Feel free to add me on LinkedIn by clicking my username!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My opinion is that FAR was definitely the toughest exam to study and prepare for. It was also my first test, but I never felt overwhelmed studying for any other section besides FAR. As for the actual exam itself, well that's another story.

REG was by far the hardest exam I've taken. To be fair, I think I was a little less prepared for it compared to my other exams, but taking that into consideration I still think I had the hardest set of m/c questions on REG and my sims were equivalent to FAR in difficulty. There's no denying REG is an absolute beast though.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.