TIPS FOR BEC

• Creator
    Topic
    CPA_help
    Participant

Just received news that I failed reg. Was not prepared to take the exam but decided to give it a shot. Worst mistake!!! Now taking bec last week in march. My confidence is slightly altered and I have ALOT riding on this exam. Looking for advice on how to pass bec!!! I’m using Becker and have listened to all the lectures and worked all the homeworks but need to review review review!! Looking for any advice I can get!!! Very scared and desperate 🙁

AUD - 90
    BEC - 83
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    -thanks
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rserrao24
    Participant

Making flash cards for all of the formulas and little things that I couldn't remember was a huge help. I would go through them every morning before work and had them completely memorized by the time test day came. Hope this helps and good luck!

BEC- 78
    Mike J
    Participant

I wouldn't try to just memorize the formulas.

Instead, I would endeavor to understand how some of them relate to one another. eg) EVA, weighted avg of capital, cap-m. I would also write out the variance formulas and express them in terms of dimensional analysis.

Additionally, search for a YouTube channel called MBAisBullshit dot com. It's free, for the most part, and it explains some of these formulas more.

Good luck!

AUD - 90
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 77
    They don't trust JUST ANYBODY to count beans
    ThomasHallberg
    Participant

A lot of people on this forum say do not memorize formulas, understand them. I disagree, do both. I had an entire 8-9hr day a week before the exam dedicated to writing formulas over and over. This helped significantly on the exam. Conceptually understand the formulas and then memorize them as back up just incase.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 76
    REG - 75
    How does Santa's accountant value his sleigh? Net Present Value

Good luck favors the prepared

KPMG Audit

Mike J
    Participant

By understanding them, you memorize the formulas by default

AUD - 90
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 77
    They don't trust JUST ANYBODY to count beans
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I say definitely work on knowing the formulas, homemade flashcards are the best, I also made notes on concepts I either kept getting wrong, or just random points that came up during MCQ. what are you using for the test bank? My main one was Becker, but going through Ninja as a review tool was very helpful! I went through the entire TB, then worked on my weak areas. Good luck!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.