12/9 REG exam Advice

• Creator
    Topic
    jasondonofrio
    Participant

Hey guys I just took REG yesterday (my final exam) and I feel like I Aced the MCQ. I felt really good on the first testlet and then the second testlet was noticeably more difficult but I still feel good about how I did on the second testlet. Then….the sims… The first testlet was the research question which for some reason i find difficult and i don’t think i ever get it correct, and a question i would call an easy/medium simulation. I don’t want to reveal any specifics to what the simulations were because i don’t want to get in trouble LOL but I would say 5 out of the 8 sims were BRUTAL.. I know everyone is saying the same thing about SIMs but there were 3 sims that were not covered AT ALL in NINJA and Wiley that I used and 1 SIM that was really not a focus in NINJA or Wiley and nothing like the AICPA sample SIMS. I’m honestly furious about this coming from the MCQ i felt like I was definitely going to pass and now I feel like most likely I won’t pass because i really only felt confident on about 2 maybe 2.5 SIMS. Has anyone taken REG yesterday or today or recently and have the same experience?? What do you guys think my chances are for passing? I always hear these stories on here about people leaving multiple sims blank and end up getting like an 82. Please help guys!! Thank you!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    successfully roundhouse kicked the cpa exam
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

Given your past scores I would say you don't have anything to worry about.
    If you were blind sided by the SIMs the odds are that everyone else was feeling similar about them as well.
    Hopefully you picked up enough credits to get your over the finish line.
    Good luck! Be sure to come back with an update on your score once you receive it.

I felt pretty questionable about a lot of the SIMs I had on FAR, but still ended up with a pass.
    No point in worrying about it until the scores come out.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

jasondonofrio
    Participant

Thank you! i'm really going to need a miracle for this one. I was really caught off guard on most of the SIMS and i just put guesses in. I can just hope that i got some right answers on all of them enough to get me that 75. Fingers crossed

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    Mouse
    Participant

@jasondonofrio. I myself took REG last Saturday and found uncertain about it. Like you, I used Wiley and REG is my last section. I do hope I can pass this time.
    In my opinion, you probably are just fine as your 2nd testlet is much harder the 1st one. That is a good sign. Don't give up hope till end. BTW. You said your 2nd testlet Is noticeably harder than the 1st one. How noticeable it is? I would like to know about that as I am worried if I did good enough on my 1st testlet. I am so worried that I did not. Thanks.

P:
    Journeyman
    Participant

I took it on 12/9.

There were 3 sims (including research) that I felt good on. 1 Sim I know for sure I got wrong because I knew the answer when I thought about it after the fact. The other 4 sims felt like I was struggling for some partial credit.

As for the questions getting harder, I know I didn’t get perfect on the first testlet. The second testlet was more specific. The questions weren’t longer, but asked very specific things and some of them were trick questions (appeared easy but small nuanced fact changed the whole question).

AUD - 87
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 78
    REG - 87

jasondonofrio
    Participant

@Mouse yeah i agree with @Journeyman that the questions got more specific and a little trickier. and there were only a handful of business law questions and most of them were in the second testlet. i’m going to need a miracle for this one but just hoping for the 75

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    Mouse
    Participant

@journeyman & @jasondonofrio
    Your words pacified me much as that was exactly how I felt about my first two testlets. I hope I didn’t perform poorly on them.
    I felt not too bad about my 5 sims. But I am sure that I didn’t get them all correct but at least I grabbed some credits. As for the last 3 sims, man, they were ugly. My last sim even asked me to use AL to figure out how to compute them. I am sure that I 100% bombed that one as I didn’t have time to do it. I hope that it is a pretest. Let’s cross our fingers and hope everyone passed it.

P:
    Need2PassREG
    Participant

@mouse this sounds likea sims on liquidation of corporations. I wasn't sure whether to use FMV or basis, but then I used the auth. lit….

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.