REG 1/26 Bad Simulations

• Creator
    Topic
    maxw97

So, I just came back from my REG test. Questions were very unexpected. Almost half of the questions were on

I wouldn’t say it’s hard but it’s definitely something Becker didn’t emphasize. One question appeared twice and I got them both wrong 🙁

I still felt that I would pass until I got down to simulations. There were just too many blanks to fill and all of them were long and complicated. I only had 60 mins so I easily freaked out. I am confident on only one simulation and for the rest, I was not sure at all.

My question is, could it be because I did fairly well on the first three sections that they gave me hard simulations in the fourth? I put in all my answers as formulas (I even used ‘if’ formula) but do they really care? If those questions were indeed hard and most people get them wrong, will my chance to passing get higher?

I didn’t expect to start a topic here but I can’t help sharing my frustration with you. (Sorry!) Thank you everyone for listening to my worries. I will update my score so hopefully you won’t have to freak out.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@maxw97, I had to edit your post for exam disclosure.

Also, I believe that the sims are pre-determined and have nothing to do with how you did on the previous testlets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@maxw97, I had to edit your post for exam disclosure.

Also, I believe that the sims are pre-determined and have nothing to do with how you did on the previous testlets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@maxw97 – I just took the test yesterday. And based on your unedited post (will not mention to others what it was about) I am sure we had the same SIMs. That was a huge curve ball….. Definitely not the area I put focus on while studying. I was quite surprised at how the multiple choice questions were though, some I was able to answer in a split second.

I had about an hour and half for the SIMs and made the stupid mistake of gong back to review my answers and changed a couple responses. No looking back, my first response was the right one.

Does anyone know how the SIMs are graded? For example, if there is a SIM with 7 blanks and a total at the end. Do they only care if the total is right? OR they grade each blank individually? I messed up on one blank which made the total wrong.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@maxw97 – I just took the test yesterday. And based on your unedited post (will not mention to others what it was about) I am sure we had the same SIMs. That was a huge curve ball….. Definitely not the area I put focus on while studying. I was quite surprised at how the multiple choice questions were though, some I was able to answer in a split second.

I had about an hour and half for the SIMs and made the stupid mistake of gong back to review my answers and changed a couple responses. No looking back, my first response was the right one.

Does anyone know how the SIMs are graded? For example, if there is a SIM with 7 blanks and a total at the end. Do they only care if the total is right? OR they grade each blank individually? I messed up on one blank which made the total wrong.

Thanks!

maxw97

@bnrhilton I am so sorry for that! And thank you for the note! I think I will keep reading so I can retake REG as soon as next test window opens. There is no way I pass with those poorly done simulations.

maxw97

@bnrhilton I am so sorry for that! And thank you for the note! I think I will keep reading so I can retake REG as soon as next test window opens. There is no way I pass with those poorly done simulations.

maxw97

@DrumNum Thank you for your reply! One of my mistake is spending too much time on multiple choices. There were no-brainers but I just couldn't let it go since I did not go through that particular topic very carefully. My questions within the same simulation were pretty independent. The problem is I had to choose a method (which was not mentioned in Becker) to be applied to all my answers. If my method was wrong, they would be all wrong.

maxw97

@DrumNum Thank you for your reply! One of my mistake is spending too much time on multiple choices. There were no-brainers but I just couldn't let it go since I did not go through that particular topic very carefully. My questions within the same simulation were pretty independent. The problem is I had to choose a method (which was not mentioned in Becker) to be applied to all my answers. If my method was wrong, they would be all wrong.

GreenMonkey

It really seems that people either get easier MC/hard SIMS or harder MC/easy SIMS.

My second MC testlet made me want to give up and go home it was so brutal. I got to the SIMS feeling horrible, but the SIMS were completely manageable and I think I got good scores on 5 of the 6. The 6th was kind of a crapshoot, but whatever.

Don't stress about the SIMS being hard though. They are graded in comparison to how others performed on the same SIM. So unless it is a topic that you think others will do well on, you're probably fine.

I'm really curious what the topic was that stumped you though- but obviously don't repeat it lol

REG- 91
    AUD- 97
    BEC- 91
    FAR- May

GreenMonkey

It really seems that people either get easier MC/hard SIMS or harder MC/easy SIMS.

My second MC testlet made me want to give up and go home it was so brutal. I got to the SIMS feeling horrible, but the SIMS were completely manageable and I think I got good scores on 5 of the 6. The 6th was kind of a crapshoot, but whatever.

Don't stress about the SIMS being hard though. They are graded in comparison to how others performed on the same SIM. So unless it is a topic that you think others will do well on, you're probably fine.

I'm really curious what the topic was that stumped you though- but obviously don't repeat it lol

REG- 91
    AUD- 97
    BEC- 91
    FAR- May

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took REG twice and my first exam was much harder than my retake. I couldn't believe how difficult my SIMS were in the first exam and then in the retake there parts that were too easy! I had two research questions and another question that was so easy and straight forward that I'm worried it was a trick.

Such drastically different tests. I believe the test writers know what they're doing. It's probably a really accurate grade they provide.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took REG twice and my first exam was much harder than my retake. I couldn't believe how difficult my SIMS were in the first exam and then in the retake there parts that were too easy! I had two research questions and another question that was so easy and straight forward that I'm worried it was a trick.

Such drastically different tests. I believe the test writers know what they're doing. It's probably a really accurate grade they provide.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The simulations are pre-selected. How you did on the MCs has nothing to do with how difficult your SIMS are.

I took FAR 1/4 and had the same experience you did with REG. MCs I had never even seen the topic of before, and nightmare SIMS.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The simulations are pre-selected. How you did on the MCs has nothing to do with how difficult your SIMS are.

I took FAR 1/4 and had the same experience you did with REG. MCs I had never even seen the topic of before, and nightmare SIMS.

pinaycpa

I'm wondering what's the missing word…lol. I am freaking out after reading this post. Scary..I might move my exam date.

FAR 04/21/2012 - Passed
    AUD 07/28/2012 - Passed
    BEC 10/20/2012 - Passed
    REG 2/28/13 - Horrible exam ever! - Passed
    I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.