REG – Chance I passed if I bombed the research question?

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jeff.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Biff Tannen
    Participant

Just got out of REG. The good news is the 2nd test let was considerably harder than the first (thank goodness), but I ended up getting 2 research sims. The first research sim was easy (figured it out in 2 minutes), but I think I bombed the 2nd research simulation. I spent about 15 minutes and ended up guessing so that I can move on and finish the other sims. Has anyone had a similar experience and passed?

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends” - Benjamin Franklin
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

Well hopefully that one you bombed was the pre-test. from what I've heard the if you get 2 research one of them is most definitely a pre-test. how were the other sims?

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Icarito
    Participant

I only had 1. Figured it out in about 2 minutes.

I saw a certain topic seem to pop up overwhelmingly often. I thought I knew it well, but I guess I didnt. Could have an entire exam within Becker chapter 5

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

Biff Tannen
    Participant

@Tiramisu definitely be familiar with property transactions (like kind exchanges), partnership distributions, the taxability of early pension distributions, partnership formations, c Corp distributions. Also be able to calculate individual gross income with information scattered through multiple exhibits.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    Biff Tannen
    Participant

I hope that second research gets tossed out. It seems totally unfair to get 2 research sims. I would’ve been better off with a TBS sim where I can get partial credit instead of that 2nd sim with no chance of partial credit

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    DocJ
    Participant

I'm getting deja vu. I took FAR yesterday, and I also got 2 Research questions, one which I nailed and the other i bombed.

But people keep saying the tough Research question is usually a pre-test, so here's hoping.

jeff
    Keymaster

Yes – you can pass without nailing the research question. It's frustrating though. Make sure you practice the AICPA sample test research component.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.