REG Reassurance Thread – Folks who passed please join

• Creator
    Topic
    SerenityNow
    Participant

This is a thread for people who took REG and are awaiting results and perhaps want to feel better about how they did. I have been studying like a madman the last few weeks and took the exam Friday 2/28. I went into this REG exam as confident as I could have been and I did not feel great coming out. This is my overall assessment:

-Decent multiple choice. I think perhaps they got harder in the second testlet. I had a few “easy” ones that I definitely missed. I also had several MCQs that I had to guess on that involved calcs. I would say the difficulty overall was moderate.

-SIMS were absolutely miserable. I didn’t have one slam dunk SIM where I know I did it right, not even the research question, which was also somewhat ambiguous and frustrating. All but one of my SIMs were calculation where I had to type in the exact number, which doesn’t favor my skills. I finished them all, so didn’t have any blanks, but they drained me and drained my morale I had built up before the exam.

I am praying, praying, and praying more that I did enough to pass. I have procrastinated finishing the exam for years and this is my last part.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Icarito
    Participant

any areas you wish you would have focused more on?

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

Otis
    Participant

If it gives you hope, I took REG last year and, due to a technical issue, only got to complete four parts and still passed. I don’t recall feeling all that good about the five SIMS I got either.

My experience with this journey so far has indicated to me that if one honestly put in the work, and feels like crap after, that that’s almost a sure sign of passing.

My money says you nailed it!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 85
    REG - 78
    Better late than never!
    12tang
    Participant

I took REG early Feb. Pretty much all my SIMS were blank forms. They were difficult and I felt that many of my answers could go two ways. I was pretty convinced that the SIMS failed me. Turned out an 80. So don't lose hope!

BEC - PASS

FAR - PASS

AUD - PASS

REG - PASS

BOOM!  JUST LIKE THAT, I GOT MY LIFE BACK!  =D

Using Becker self-study
    FAR: (82) 175 hours - 1st attempt
    BEC: (XX)
    AUD: (69) 45hrs of study - 1st attempt
    REG: (XX)

Mujahid_ Abu Dahda
    Participant

I sat to Reg late Nov of 2019. I was confident that I did well. I left the test center feeling I had nailed it and was expecting 90 and above. It turned out I got 75%. I thank God for this, otherwise i would have bummed it! So this test is crazy! Its has an opposite trend. When u feel good after d test, u either struggle to pass or fail it. If u feel bad after the test, bam! U nailed it. So i would say u nailed it @ Spendub!!

lfranc8
    Participant

I sat for REG on 2/28. Multiple Choice was ok. I definitely missed a few easy ones and thats hard because I really did put in the time and effort. I don't think I got the research question, I felt it was ambiguous also I didn't want to run the risk of not finishing other sims. I did finish all the sims and input answers. Felt good walking out and now the more I think about the more I realize I don't think I am going to make the cut on this one. Its tough because if I pass this one I am done. I was trending in 75% on Ninja and Wiley was my main study source. I also worked over 30 sims and nothing really prepared me for the ones that were on the exam.

AUD-77
    BEC-76
    FAR-72,63,81
    REG-71, March 10

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    The darkest hour is always just before the dawn
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    I did 2.5 year of night school then 2 years taking the exam!
    SerenityNow
    Participant

This is the REASSURANCE thread haha

SerenityNow
    Participant

Corporate taxation and federal taxation of property transactions are heavily tested IMO. Much more than BLaw or individual tax.

coffees56
    Participant

Jumping in here, got a 58 on my first mock then a 57 on my second mock. I almost always score higher on my second mock and was hoping I'd be atleast at a 65, but apparently that's not the case. Anyone have similar mock scores and still pass?

VACPA
    Participant

I got a 57 on the only mock I took and got an 88 on the exam.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 89
    REG - 88

lisl
    Participant

Took Reg back in November – Walked out feeling absolutely TERRIBLE. I had a very similar experience such as yours where MC was moderate… Then moved onto SIMS and they were absolutely BRUTAL. Like from another world. I was only kinda sure about one of them. I was expecting a score of 60 or below and was dreading score release. I was contemplating not even looking the night of score release because i didnt want to ruin my night but I finally got up the courage to do it and got an 84. I was completely shocked – dont know how i got that score but dont care – so, theres HOPE! im sure you did just fine

REG: 84 (November 2019)

BEC: 92 (March 2020)

AUD: 85 (July 2020)

FAR:

coffees56
    Participant

Did you take any mocks? If so, what were your scores?

chrissy
    Participant

This window is really tough on REG, got a 72.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 76
    REG - 81
    AICPA Ethics Exam- 91

I CAN & I DID

coffees56
    Participant

Did you take any mocks? If so what were your scores? What was your exam experience like?

SerenityNow
    Participant

This was an incredibly difficult window for REG. I got a 74, which is about how I felt about it. Frustrating considering when I took it in September I had only studied about 8 days and I got an easier exam and got a 68. It was worth attempting in that window in the event that I got lucky and passed. I studied a ton this time and didn't pass. My multiple choice weren't bad. As mentioned in my OP, the SIMs were extremely difficult, and in my heart I felt they would definitely curve accordingly, but I got the big FU in the form of a 74. Incredibly, insanely disappointed. I don't lose any credit until July so I have a couple of opportunities to take it, but this one hurt…bad. My advice – study the shit out of Corporate Tax and Property Transactions because they go insane on those sections.

chrissy
    Participant

@SerenityNow, I agree. Property transaction was a killer on my exam, every other question.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 76
    REG - 81
    AICPA Ethics Exam- 91

I CAN & I DID

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.