Took REG on 11/23

• Creator
    Topic
    gsmayle

Just another exam experience thread

Took REG on 11/23, and the whole experience just felt a little backwards. I failed with a 67 back in September, and I definitely felt much much better coming out of this one. Last time I felt like I did ok on the MC but the sims absolutely killed me. This time, I felt like I did okay on the multiple choice (not terrible, but the testlets didn’t get noticeably harder), but I nailed the SIMS. I think I got the research sim, aced at least 3/5 other sims, and did no worse than 75-80 on the last two. Has anyone had an exam where they felt better about the sims than the MC?

They weren’t easy topics, but the two that I wasn’t sure of I was able to use the research tab and find the answers spelled out for me.

Anywho, just thought I would join and share since I have been lurking here long enough. I have a rematch on the 30th with AUD, so I’ll have my last two sections released at the same time on December 6th – going to be a stressful day!

BEC - 9/10/13 - 78
    AUD - 73, 11/30/13 - 75
    REG - 67, 11/23/13 - 75
    FAR - 10/30/13 - 81

CMA Part 1 - 9/8/12 - 380 (Pass)
    CMA Part 2 - 6/15/13 - 360 (Pass)

DONE

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Not a Quitter
    Participant

Yes, I felt that way about my first AUD test. I got lucky on my sims (the answers just came to me) but didn't do as well on the multiple choice. The second time around it was the opposite! Failed twice in a row with a 74. Passed the third time thankfully.

FAR- 85 I'm DONE!
    BEC- 75
    REG- 60,60,75
    AUD- 74,74,83

CPAExcel used for BEC, AUD, REG
    Exam Matrix used for FAR plus NINJA Blitz, cpareviewforfree and a little CPAExcel

Not a Quitter
    Participant

Yes, I felt that way about my first AUD test. I got lucky on my sims (the answers just came to me) but didn't do as well on the multiple choice. The second time around it was the opposite! Failed twice in a row with a 74. Passed the third time thankfully.

FAR- 85 I'm DONE!
    BEC- 75
    REG- 60,60,75
    AUD- 74,74,83

CPAExcel used for BEC, AUD, REG
    Exam Matrix used for FAR plus NINJA Blitz, cpareviewforfree and a little CPAExcel

10keyLeah

I had that happen to me for AUD. The SIMS killed me on the first try, but I knew I nailed them on the second exam. I think it's just a part of the luck of the draw. SIMS usually make or break it.

Good luck with your scores!

Ninja Combo, Yaeger, Wiley -- Licensed CPA, May 2015

10keyLeah

I had that happen to me for AUD. The SIMS killed me on the first try, but I knew I nailed them on the second exam. I think it's just a part of the luck of the draw. SIMS usually make or break it.

Good luck with your scores!

Ninja Combo, Yaeger, Wiley -- Licensed CPA, May 2015

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.