Took REG yesterday … still recovering

• Creator
    Topic
    lisl
    Participant

Took Reg yesterday after studying for a little over two months – felt good about it going in. My mock exam scores were in the low 70s, so thought I was going to have this in the bag. Thought i did well on first MQ testlet and then the second was harder – flagged about 8-9 questions, hoping my guesses were right. The Sims were BRUTAL. I’ve never felt so stupid – had to use AL for so many of them and the only one I’m confident in is the research question. There was so much info in the sims and things I’ve never seen before in Becker and made simple topics like itemized deductions seem hard. Anyone else have a similar experience and ended up passing? Praying for a miracle on 11/22

REG: 84 (November 2019)

BEC: 92 (March 2020)

AUD: 85 (July 2020)

FAR:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Lindsey_p87
    Participant

It sounds like you passed. If you got the research questions right and the 2nd testlet got harder, I would be confident that you did well. I got an 86 and I was confident that the 2nd testlet got EASIER, but I knew I got the research SIM right.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 79
    REG - 86
    DONE

FAR - PASSED 11/14
    AUD - TBD
    BEC - TBD
    REG - First take 2/16

lisl
    Participant

yeah I've heard that about the second testlet getting harder. But regardless, even if i did well on MQ, think I bombed the sims so theres a slim chance i passed

FAR:

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

@Lisl did you take any becker mock exams? & if so how did you score? Was the exam more difficult than Becker's Mock? My exam is 11/11. Sounds like you passed

BEC - 74, 70, 76 (expired)

AUD - 67

REG - N/a

FAR - N/a"

bigstakk
    Participant

You likely passed. I did greater than comparable on my MCQs and less than comparable on the SIMs. I pretty much knew I got the AL question right and maybe 2-3 other SIMs right and everything else I was just scraping and clawing for credit. Wouldn't have been surprised if I got a 65, but felt it could go either way and as high as 85 if I got enough partial credit. Passed thankfully. MCQs is huge. Remember if you get a 95% on the MCQs you can get 55% on SIMs and still end up with a 75%…

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

lisl
    Participant

I took all 3 mock exams – first one got a 52 which was expected because I took it before reviewing. 74 on the second and 72 on the third

FAR:

jmart45
    Participant

Good luck!!!!

Mercenary
    Participant

I also took it this week. I flew through the MCQs but also struggled on the sims.Be glad you thought to even use te AL. I used it on the research and I am confident I got it right but the rest were tough. I know I totally bombed at least one sim, best case scenario would be half right but probably more like 20. Passing is still a possibility but I feel it could go either way. Sucks since I felt plenty prepared going in. Although my mock score on gleim was bad with only a 73.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 91
    REG - 84
    CMA Part 1 - 420

CMA Part 2 - June 2020

sophiafey
    Participant

I took reg on this Wednesday as well and felt easy on first testlet but second testlet got EASIER, I was like WHAT!!! Felt OK on Sims and ended up finishing 90 mins early. Now I'm getting worry because after FAR and BEC I felt I bombed it but passed. This time I feel so weird. Pray for the best….

Vanquished
    Participant

I think you passed.

I took REG and thought I bombed and passed with a 78. I did one becker simulated exam and got a 52 on it lol.

I did study for 120+ hours or so though, but I really thought I bombed it.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 87
    REG - 78
    I have no desire to be a public accountant but my company wants me to be a CPA so...
    El
    Participant

Just took REG today. Oh man. I had the same experience you had. I've been on a roll lately after kind of breezing through AUD, FAR, and BEC but that 4 hour test starts to feel like an 8 hour exam when I am guessing on most of them. Hopefully I pass but I got to recover quick and pass my re-take the first week of Jan or else my AUD expires. 🙁

B - 83 (expired), 91

A - 68, 81

R - 75

F - 82

lisl
    Participant

@El I ended up passing with an 84 – i was shocked and had to refresh the page three times until I actually believed what I was seeing. So there's hope! I'm sure you did just fine

FAR:

jeff
    Keymaster

Congrats on passing!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    El
    Participant

@Lisl – Congrats. Thanks for the positive vibes. My 2nd testlet was noticeably harder so I know there is a small chance I pass. My mock exams are in the 70s too and I usually go in when they are mid-80s/90s so I knew I had my work cut out for me. Should be good in January if I fail.

B - 83 (expired), 91

A - 68, 81

R - 75

F - 82

FutureCPA2019
    Participant

I took REG today and am not sure what to think about the results. I feel ok about MCQ. I think the 2nd testlet was as difficult as the 1st one, maybe slightly harder. The sims were brutal. Even when I knew how to solve a problem, they would throw in some crazy detail that I didn’t know how to handle. I couldn’t find anything in AL about these details. The most frustrating thing was that these details would affect the rest of my calculations in the sim. This left me feeling like I totally bombed the sims. Surprisingly, the research question was easy. Now I’m overthinking that I should’ve checked ten times that I got it correctly. I didn’t think I passed BEC but I was pleasantly surprised. I’m hoping to see the same results with REG…

Can we hear more of “I thought I bombed REG, but I ended up passing” stories?

AUD - 90
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 87
    REG - 88
    🌸
    another57
    Participant

I thought I bombed REG, but ended up passing! The multiple choice questions felt like a breeze for me. I was pretty sure I got almost all of them right as I guessed on one or two… (my results said MCQ was stronger). When SIMS came around I felt broken by the 1st testlet. Rushed passed it because I was scared I was going to run out of time on the rest of the sims. Rushed through 2nd testlet. Depressed during 3rd so just clicked submit. Finished an hour early which has never happened before when i passed. Usually taking the exam down to the last minute. Somehow ended up with a 75. Felt like a dream. Still does.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD: 62,75

BEC: 48,76

REG: 35,35,57, 75

FAR: 19,57, 1/27/20

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.