24 hours before exam…..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering what a candidates day looks like (preparing, leisure, strategy, etc..) 24 hours before an exam?

I am taking Reg on Sat and I’m trying to scratch out Fridays schedule.

This could be a very interesting thread..haha. 😉

1.) I pulled all of the questions out of the Becker book to review

2.) Retake the Final Exams again.

3.) Chill out for the rest of the evening.

Good luck to everyone!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I've only taken AUD. I had 10 days between my last class and test day. The last 5 days before my exam were actually really light study days. I put in 2-3 hours each of those days. The day before the exam I read through the flashcards once (Becker) and spend half an hour on the mnemonics I thought were most important (total of 45 minutes). I relaxed the rest of the day. I slept in late (took day off work) and took my time getting down to the test center (noon test time).

My REG test (Feb 1st) won't be so lucky. I've got 6 days between the last class and my test date and there is a ton more to cover for my final review of the material (not to mention starting the BEC classes on Feb 3rd).

Puerto Rico Romo
    Participant

Light study on important topics and good night's rest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I pull an all nighter (almost, I get about 4 hrs of sleep). Get up early to work more questions until about an hour before the exam where I play rockband and sing the shit out of Paramore to get my ass psyched for the exam. HOOOAAAAHHHH!!! Some people say that getting 200 hrs of sleep right before a test is the most important thing, but in my opinion, refreshing as much as you possibly can before sitting down to take the test, granted you have enough time to relax before the exam, is key. I just think it takes only an hour to relax.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have taken the exam 5 times, and have passed 3 of them. The 3 exams I took that i passed, I spent maybe 2 hours studying, and most importantly, ate Pizza. I have not failed an exam yet that I ate pizza the night before. Neither did my brother! Overstudying can be risky the night before. Its easy to stress yourself out, and thats no good. When i passed the exams, i went in saying to myself, either i'll pass it, or i won't. No big deal.

Good luck!

Patrick909
    Participant

Honestly, I disregarded the advice to chill out on the exam for 24 hours prior. I drilled questions all the way up until I left for the test center. Even the morning of the test, I found a Starbucks near the test center, and sat there for a couple hours running through things.

Maybe I didn't really need to do that, but from a psychological standpoint, it made me feel better going into the testing room.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always find freaking out and having a nervous breakdown the day before works best. This is what I am doing now since I will be sitting for FAR in t-minus 23 hours and I am pretty darn confident that I am going to fail miserably! I donÂ’t know how anyone passes this oneÂ…. I have 3 down and saved the best for last and now am kicking myself. For the other tests I have to say I felt quite confident that I understood the bulk of the materialÂ…. FARÂ… well, although its all familiar (being an accountant and all) the questions always seem to get me! Did all you others out that that have sat for this beast feel good going in?

I think IÂ’m going to vomit. I hate my lifeÂ…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â….just make it stop!

Please God send down an accountant angel to take over my body and sit for this exam for me! I promise to be very good, floss every day, not swear for a whole year, and never pick up a hitch-hiker again!

Sorry I haven’t slept much for a while so I am a tad –lunatic-ish.

This post is such a contribution to this forum – chock full with morsels of self-depreciaiton and dispair. Happy Sunday all!

Puerto Rico Romo
    Participant

I felt horrible taking Fare since I got my reg grade and it was a 68, so I felt like crap, but i managed to escape with a 76.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks PR Romo – thats what I needed to hear. I am doing some questions now and realizing how unprepared I am for this test – even though I have studied at least 15-20 hours a week for 7 weeks now. I find myself day dreaming half way through the questions! I do much better if the question is short and sweet and to the point. Sorry about REG… that one sucks pretty darn bad too! (not that any of them are amusing)

Puerto Rico Romo
    Participant

Oh that 68 wasn't as bad as the 74 I got when I retook it in October. Took it again yesterday. Did good on the mc's except some dumbs ones i think i might have gotten wrong, The sims were bad though not as bad as when I took them in October. Still I'm scared cause if I don't pass it now I'll have to repeat both Bec and fare since my credit expires on February.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sweet lord that sucks. Im sorry. At least you are taking the curve-balls in stride. I failed audit and cried like a little baby……… I wish I was a bit more gracious with my failures but usually I just have a tantrum like a 2 yr. old. Good for you for sticking with it. I think the experience of failure makes you grow much more than any success ever could. I suppose it will make that passing grade all the sweeter! I hope that this time around was the winning number. Given your scores I will bet you got an 80!!!

Puerto Rico Romo
    Participant

Hey thanks claire! Don't worry, with that amount of study I'm sure you'll pass it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

the day before I usually finish studying for the last chapter (I use becker), then for about the rest of the day till about 4am i review all chapters, which is a a quick 1.5-3 hour run thru of the chapters which includes looking over big topics and then doing the 15-20 in book problems for the chapter and doing a few of the supplemental questions from the passmaster review becker thing. I dont know if most people would do well under this structure as I plan to literally only go through each chapter once, with the last chapter finished the day before the exam and then staying up till 4 am….for bec i stayed up till 4am though my test was at 8…so i wouldnt look to my strategy as a suggestion. I passed FAR in the 80's this way and waiting on my results for bec though i feel confident.

Will_it_ever_end
    Participant

Well I have FAR tomorrow morning so I can tell you what I am doing firsthand. I had planned on spending 3-4 hours to flip through each chapter and mentally quiz myself on key topics. However, work was one of those days in which I was juggling three managers all day needing something asap. Now that I am home and have the kiddo asleep, I cracked opened the book up and very quickly shut it again. At this point, I just need a good night's sleep and a good breakfast in the morning.

This is a retake so I have spent who knows how many hours thus far. Are those last 4 really going to make or break me? Who knows, who cares?

REG 97, FAR 69,82, AUD 80, BEC 71, 81 - It finally ended!!

Puerto Rico Romo
    Participant

Get a rest will it ever end, you deserve it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I've always taken a day or two off before each exam. I don't look at any material, I don't look at any questions; nothing at all exam related. Instead I relax, drink beer, play video games, play frisbee golf, go out with friends, and read (nothing related to accounting). It's worked thus far but ultimately you should choose what fits your personality and habits best. Some people function better when they cram and are hyped up on caffeine. I am not one of those people but I have chosen a method that works for me.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.