Foreign Real Estate Taxes

• Creator
    Topic
    Captain Awesome
    Participant

I’m a little confused. I have been listening to the Ninja audio for two months now and in it Jeff states that foreign personal property tax is not deductible (the exotic car) but foreign real estate tax (for the sweet European villa) is deductible. However, in the Ninja notes it states that after TCJA foreign real estate tax is no longer deductible. Is the audio portion outdated, or am I missing something. Please bring me clarity 🙂

AUD - 80
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 82
    REG - 82

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

Someone else asked me this and then re-listened and I mention TCJA in the audio and the change – it is possible you missed it?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    EarlyBird
    Participant

I agree with Captain Awesome. On the Individual Taxation Audio between 21:04 – 21:39 it says foreign real estate tax is deductible. I am listening to the most recent REG audio directly from the Ninja CPA website. I didn’t hear a reference to the change due to TCJA. Am I missing something?

jeff
    Keymaster

Nope – you're not missing something…I just listened to it and it says it's deductible, which is incorrect (the ninja notes have it correct).

I shall fix. Thank you for letting me know!

jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.