REG – BLaw

• Creator
    Topic
    Icarito
    Participant

How much BLaw really is on the REG exam? I see it can be anywhere from 10-25%. Is this in line with people’s experiences?

Scoring in the 80s on Becker 1-6, but barely squeaking out mid 60s on this contract jargon. Maybe I’m not focusing enough, but getting frustrated. Just want to go back and review taxes.

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Lily
    Participant

Following this post since I am on the same boat.

mvhoover
    Participant

I saved the entire BLaw section for last and only studied it in total about 10-15 hours. Since I was strong on the tax side, I wasn't worried. If I had not been stronger in Tax I would have spent more time with it because, according to the blueprints, it can show up a ton. Each test is different. You never know what you are going to get. Gage how strong you are on the rest of the material and make sure you are familiar with each business law section. My advice: Don't sacrifice knowing your tax to know business law, but if you have the time, spend 80% of your time on Tax and at least 20% on business law.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
    vbmer
    Participant

@Mvhoover is correct. Tax should be your main focus. If you are strong on Tax, it will carry you through Business Law, which is actually easier to study for than Tax, imo, but is not a big enough part of the exam for it to be your main priority. You can literally cram Business Law and Professional Responsibility in a day or two and just regurgitate it from short-term memory on exam day and get a good score on those questions.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 89
    REG - 80
    Manager, Big 4 Corporate Finance, CPA (WA)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.