REG Study Group - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 694 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

@illinois2013: I think that should be plenty of time in my opinion

R 80(E)75!

F 66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

zach
    Participant

I just scheduled REG for 2/2/19. I'm a young father/husband + undergrad/full time employee. I am currently using Becker + Ninja + SurgentCPA. I would like to hear any strategies for using Becker. I feel like I'm taking WAY too long to get through the modules.

Also, I am scheduled to take all 4 exams in 6 months.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 78
    "Don't cry and give up, cry and succeed!"
    illinois2013
    Participant

@Allsheneededwassome that's what I thought too. Doesn't seem like the changes are that extensive or difficult. Thanks!

AUD - 78
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 73
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Almost there...
    Zhenni
    Participant

Soo I'm trying to understand the logic behind the section 1245 recapture. My logic is, because you got to take deductions for depreciating the assets, when you sell it for a gain, the part that is attributable to depreciation is taxed as ordinary income so you don't get to “double dip” on the benefits of both deducting and preferential tax rates. Is this correct/any better explanations?

Thanks 🙂

AUD - 91
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 86
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Bodybuilding Nerd

ahugemistake
    Participant

@Zachnpcohen is REG your first section? Taking all four exams in 6 months is an ambitious goal but still very possible if you remain committed to your studying.

Why is it taking so long for you to get through the modules? Are you watching the videos and reading? I would ignore the videos and read the book yourself and watch the videos at times you are really struggling to understand something. Then practice MCQ and review your notes. I use Quizlet to take and review notes, it's very good. I personally don't like rushing when I study for these exams but it seems you already have a NTS for all four parts so you gotta push hard.

FAR: 78*, 75
    REG: 76*, 85
    BEC: 79*, 76
    AUD: 79*, 93

All scores expired, let's try this again.

FAR - 78*
    AUD - 66, 79
    REG - 73, 76
    BEC - 79

ahugemistake
    Participant

Using Wiley, and in the Business Law section these contract laws really confusing.

FAR: 78*, 75
    REG: 76*, 85
    BEC: 79*, 76
    AUD: 79*, 93

All scores expired, let's try this again.

FAR - 78*
    AUD - 66, 79
    REG - 73, 76
    BEC - 79

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

I gave up on trying to understand 1245. When I get back to it I’ll post here.

R 80(E)75!

F 66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Jenn
    Participant

I am taking REG next quarter. I failed and then passed BEC for my 1st exam and just recently learned I failed FAR on my first attempt. I’m disheartened because I felt I really did well on it, compared to how I felt on BEC. I’m planning on attacking it again after REG.

I’m using Wiley Platinim and Ninja to prepare but I’m concerned about all of the changes for testing that I am not fully convinced Wiley has updated all it needed to-I don’t want to study topics and then find out they are no longer correct when I take the exam.

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

I just got my scores and I passed REG after only studying for 4 days. It was my retake granted but that was 2 years ago. I work in corporate tax so that helped in some ways I think but we don't do any individual, p/s, s-crops or business law. So I'm not sure how this happened haha… I was NOT expecting a pass on REG.

Guys, do well on those SIMs. Take your time with them and try to put down your best answer. Use AL.

Deuces!

R 80(E)75!

F 66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Cali_818
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I have never been too active on the NINJA forum but here I am lol. I've been at this for a good while and had my good share of fails and one expired score, but I somehow managed to pass three exams in the past 4 months so I hope keep the momentum going! I plan on taking this in March using NINJA MCQ's, Notes, Audio, and Wiley CPA Excel for simulations.

AUD 75
    BEC 78
    FAR 76
    REG 83
    Tncincy
    Participant

@sbcali: Wow congrats on three passes. In 4 months? Wow what did you do in particular, other than study…lol

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

JxL
    Participant

Is there a difference taking reg in q1 or q2 ? Heard someone said q1 reg is still the old material, I.e. before tax reform. Each quarter of 2019 has 4 score release windows, does that mean you can take up to 4 times a quarter?

chandler
    Participant

@Jingwen, Q4 2018 was the last one for old material. Q1 and Q2 will be pretty much the same on REG. Can only take each section once per quarter. You can take multiple exams per quarter, but can't repeat sections.

Chandler Priest

Licensed TX CPA

REG 01/27/18 - 98

BEC 03/03/18 - 96

AUD 04/07/18 - 91

FAR 06/02/18 -96

JxL
    Participant

Thanks! Surprised to see you here .

Cali_818
    Participant

@tncincy Thanks!! I think the thing that helped me the most in passing these exams after multiple fails is having a set of my own written notes that has all the steps for challenging topics and shortcuts/mnumonics so that I can easily refer back to them while going through the MCQ’s several times and if I have to retake a section. It helps if they’re even more concise and shorter than the Ninja Notes 🙂

AUD 75
    BEC 78
    FAR 76
    REG 83
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 694 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.