REG Study Group - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 694 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tncincy
    Participant

Anybody resign for new ninja materials? How's it looking, the notes and book?

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

cpaforthewin
    Participant

I am taking REG at the end of January, about to start studying for it. I am using Roger for studying. Should I ditch my books and videos and just do non-stop MCQs and TBSs? I have one year from today to pass REG and them I am done!

1rightanswer
    Participant

Hi, I'm new to the forum, taking REG on 1.2.19. I have been studying full time since November 1, by now completely burnt out. Too many rules that just seem random, difficult to retain knowledge. Anyone feels the same?
    Seems like the most important part of the CPA exams is the learning process, the actual exams are a complete crap-shoot who knows if you will pass or not.

AUD - 89
    BEC - 99
    FAR - 77
    REG - 91
    -

Moe
    Participant

Hi all,

I'm Moe. This is my first crack at REG (passed FAR Dec 19, 2018) and I'm wondering if any of you veterans can offer some insight into the exam. I earned an Enrolled Agent credential a few years back and the exam tested phase outs and calculations fairly deeply. I've been told that the CPA exam is a bit more surface level, especially for individual tax credits etc.

(1) Can anyone discuss the extent to which phase outs and credit calculations are tested on the CPA exam?

(2) Any specific phase outs and calculations you recall from a previous exam that you think us newbies should definitely master, aside from the TCJA changes?

(3) Any other insight into the depth of knowledge tested on REG is also really helpful!

naz
    Participant

Are the materials/ question updated for 2019? Just confused as I am looking for supplementary material to assist with Wiley. Completed Wiley and its question bank but I still don't feel comfortable. Exam is scheduled in 4 weeks and was thinking to use new material for revision purpose. Any insights appreciated.

International reciprocal candidate with CA Australia.

REG: 80 - 24/1 (wiley and ninja)

WA ethics: 83, 90 (4/3)

AICPA ethics: 95 (8/3)

Solid
    Participant

Hi,
    Studying for REG, planning to sit at end of Q1. Using Gleim, supplementing with Becker, internet, textbooks, etc. Took Reg a year ago, thought I would be ok, “studied” in 2 weeks, since I do my own taxes and always did great on BLAW courses in college without trying,…. not so much..
    43 was a humbling experience. This time my approach is to respect the TEST!

TheoneinDenver
    Participant

Hey

First time posting…I'm going to try and knock out REG in the 1st quarter-BUT I work in tax (I do investment tax). I'm going to use Gleim and Ninja-any advice as to how to study in Tax season?

This will be my 1st section…

Denver
    Typical
    Participant

Hi everyone. This will be my second crack at REG. Took it a few months ago and missed with a 73. I hope to be able to pass it this time around being it is the last section I need to pass! I am using Becker hoping it is enough to earn me that 75 this time! Good Luck everyone!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    The Notorious B.I.G ~ " No need to worry, my accountant handles that "
    Tncincy
    Participant

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

I've enjoyed Christmas, Enjoyed the food, and family. I've prayed in the New Year and now it's time to get down to business. My New Years Resolution is to pass the Cpa exam in 2019. Hope study is gong well for everyone. Please have a safe and happy new year.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Josh
    Participant

Happy 2019! Hi, Ninjas. I'm scheduled to take REG again January 10th. I'm starting over since my BEC credit is expiring for the 2nd time. I passed that with Gleim once, then with Becker live-online. Now, I'm self-study with Becker and Gleim and Roger and other audios. I took a break after AUD for the elections, to apply for jobs, and my continuing education for AFSP before starting REG to discover I got a 69 on AUD after my last live-online class. Perhaps, I'll have more success with my business(es) this year than interviewing, although I've been advised from my local CPA society to look at small firms in my area for tax season. I have a system that provides some structure for my exams through some friends. It seems it may be as good for me from my experience with the exam as a class. I even read a few of the regulations in their original form this time. Time for some practice exams, etc.! I wish you all the best! Let's do this.

@Tncincy
    Good to see you! I tried the new dojo. It was a cool place. If I wasn't studying with Becker or Gleim, I'm sure I'd be there. I met a guy in a local fraternity that passed with Ninja alone and YouTube videos. He proved with hard work and using the Internet for difficult topics, it's doable. That was a reason I chose Gleim to start the CPA. I've seen people pass who are determined. With my current life circumstances, I need all the structure I can get.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 80
    Josh
    “Focus on the future for 50%, on the present for 40%, and on the past for 10%." - Maasaki Hatsumi
    LeoLeo
    Participant

hi, you took the exam today? I know you're not supposed to talk about the exam, but how hard is it compared to the one you took last time? A lot of changes?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 80
    CPA2019
    Tncincy
    Participant

Hey Josh, Yes, I'm in again. I'm going Ninja because I can't spend anymore money and get the nts. I still have my becker books that were gifts but they are the 2017 set. I also have a wiley cpaexcel book and still have the unending subscription until I pass. I don't know, I am a crammer in the sense. I don't want to spend too much time before moving to the next part. I could be just over thinking, but as it is said “we'll pass if we study. So I guess just do it. But hey, happy holiday, good luck and I'm looking forward to studying with you and the ninja gang.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Tncincy
    Participant

Downloaded my ninja reg book. Do we need our old books (any of them including ninja) for anything?

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

rahee
    Participant

Hi everyone, Im back to reg after failing it last quarter with a 65 (ugh). Decided to restart fully with the new Becker and use Ninja as well. I havent scheduled my exam yet (still havent gotten nts), but im hoping to take it jan end/beg feb. For those who have taken it already–how was it??

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    Rahee
    Typical
    Participant

Hey Everyone, going through the REG material once again. Finding the Section 1231, 1250, and 1245 to be difficult but i'm practicing the sims and mc as much as I can. Anyone take the exam yet this quarter? Curious as to how everyone is feeling thus far. Thanks guys.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    The Notorious B.I.G ~ " No need to worry, my accountant handles that "
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 694 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.