REG Exam Soon- Seeking Advice!

• Creator
    Topic
    perseverance
    Participant

Ahh my exam is on Saturday and I’m in straight panic mode! I think I have a good hold on Becker chapters 1-7 but haven’t touched chapter 8 yet, which is the other half of business law. With tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I just have a few hours to squeeze in to study but should have all day Friday to review–was thinking about focusing on tax though and not studying the last chapter due to time crunch. Am I screwed if I do this? Last chapter is bankruptcy, federal securities regulation, other federal laws, and business structures. Has anyone else been in a similar boat and passed?

BEC- 84

FAR- 89

AUD- 77

REG- 86

ETHICS- 97

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

How did your exam go?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    perseverance
    Participant

I didn't think it went too great. There wasn't as much business law as I had expected which was good but the Sims were absolutely brutal. I cried on my way home & moped around for some more for the next 2 days. After that, I just avoided anything CPA related, including this site, until score release date. Just checked though–86! no freakin' idea how but I'm so glad to be done with this whole process! It's been one hell of mental ride

BEC- 84

FAR- 89

AUD- 77

REG- 86

ETHICS- 97

JJ
    Participant

I felt the exact same way(the SIMS were horrible). Did you completely guess on any of the SIMS? But I'm fully expecting to fail. As the experience felt similar my first attempt for AUD. The major difference is that I slacked for first AUD attempt and I tried very hard for my first REG attempt(last Monday). Hoping for a miracle.

jasondonofrio
    Participant

how do you feel like you did on the SIMS? was there a chance you got most of them right? I just took REG yesterday and felt the same way, the SIMS were BRUTAL and thinking i only got 2 or 3 of them right. i aced the MCQ though. I feel like there's no chance i passed though because of the SIMS. But i always hear of people leaving multiple sims blank and then ending up with a score in the 80s or something LOL i hope that's me, but i'll settle for a 75

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    successfully roundhouse kicked the cpa exam
    perseverance
    Participant

Honestly, after taking the exam, I didn't think I got full credit on a single sim (hence all the crying after taking it lol). Even the research question, I wasn't sure about the right paragraph..it was one of those where it was asking for the tax treatment for a specific situation. I found the situation in one paragraph but in it, it said to refer to the treatment in paragraph (a)..but paragraph (a) didn't mention the situation. Research questions were always a confidence booster for me so I was bummed when I was unsure of what exactly they were looking for. As for the rest of the sims, there were probably 2-3 where I was initially excited and thought “okay, I got this one 100%”..and then when I kept reading through the docs, there were some additional info in it that threw me off & I couldn't tell if it was distracter info or not. I kinda wish we could see our exams after they're graded to see what we actually got full/partial credit on because I am still shocked! but not complaining 🙂

I really do think that these exams are a test of discipline more than intelligence. So if you put in the work consistently and tailor the study method to fit you, you can pass.

Not sure if that helped at all haha good luck to you both!

BEC- 84

FAR- 89

AUD- 77

REG- 86

ETHICS- 97

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.