REG review advice 2 weeks to go

• Creator
    Topic
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

I have 16 days exactly of review. I need some advice on the best way to go about things. Ultimately MCQ? I’m afraid if I do just mcq i’ll miss the minor details in the textbook that are not tested in Becker’s MCQ. Take intense notes over the whole textbook?

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    12tang
    Participant

I think the best way to approach review is scan the chapter via notes and flashcards (only if you made them) and then to pound out 1/2 the MCQ's. REG is tough because there lots of details to remember. Just remember to not get stuck in the forest. You shouldn't be in the forest during review. You should be in a helicopter above the forest, scanning the trees. Don't forget to take the AICPA practice exam, it's important! Best of luck and most of all, trust in your preparation. One last thing to remember, there is no amount of review that will ever make you feel ready.

BEC - PASS

FAR - PASS

AUD - PASS

REG - PASS

BOOM!  JUST LIKE THAT, I GOT MY LIFE BACK!  =D

Using Becker self-study
    FAR: (82) 175 hours - 1st attempt
    BEC: (XX)
    AUD: (69) 45hrs of study - 1st attempt
    REG: (XX)

Biff Tannen
    Participant

Did you purchase the final review? I’m using the final review and making flashcards. One week leading up to my exam I’ll focus on practicing sims and MCQs. 2 days before my exam I’ll review my flashcards and notes and the Becker outlines. This has usually worked for me in the past for all prior exams.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends” - Benjamin Franklin
    Icarito
    Participant

I'm in the same spot. Just finished all Becker lectures/skills/MCQ. Skipped around on some of the SIMS.

I plan to just go chapter by chapter, open book doing MCQs and reading.

Still don't understand how people have time to take notes. I feel like that adds additional 50% time to get through a chapter.

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

@Biff Tannen I never used the final review. I just felt like it did not cover enough details that if you haven't seen in a number of weeks you would not be ready for on the exam. I see REG is your last exam too. Best of luck to you.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

dyates1983
    Participant

I am taking Reg on 3/9. I agree there is so much detail in the book. I spent the last week doing MCQ and now scanning back through the book todayfeel there is so many details and calculations I did not see. Not sure best method for final two weeks either.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

@Biff Tannen report your status

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Icarito
    Participant

Just got done. I felt this test was the hardest of the 4, specifically the SIMS. The MCQ went as expected, I believe I should have gotten no more than 8 incorrect. SIMs were just hard, man.

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.