Taking Reg on 11/30? Respond here.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought I would start a section where we can voice our concerns before we take the exam.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    TampaAccountant
    Participant

I'm taking REG tomorrow Sunday November 29th! I would've love to take the exam on Monday the 30th, but NO spots were available, one more day would've been great! But this is my second time around. I failed the first time with a 74.

Hope I'm ready.

Tomorrow morning I'll be going over MCQ for Individual Taxes again!

Tonight is all business law and ethics!

Good luck for all you taking it on the 30th!

Anonymous
    Inactive

TampaAccountant,

Let me know how it goes.

ZOEY
    Participant

I am so frustrated! I was doing the Becker final exam and I keep on making the same mistakes! I think I am tired lemme stop!

TampaAccountant
    Participant

I took REG today and thanks god it wasn't anywhere as difficult as when I took FAR 2 weeks ago.

I'm glad I hit business law all day yesterday because I think I had much more business law MCQs than the content specification of 25%. I'm glad I took Yeager because I learned the concepts and was able to answer various tricky questions.

The first 3 testlets were much trickier than when I took the exam in May '09, but I was able to answer each testlet within 30 minutes. Unlike my first time taking the exam, each additional testlet was not getting more difficult for me. Which could either mean that I was not answering the questions correctly, or that they were getting more difficult but I knew that material very well and the questions seemed easy for me?

Bad decision when I tried to use the research tab to help answer my first communication, spent like 15 minutes jerking with that…..I finally gave up and did the best I could. I was able to answer most of the first SIM but missed 1 tab on the second SIM…….overall I think I passed……????

ZOEY
    Participant

@TampaAccountant

Lucky you. I am hoping my exam will not be as hard as becker questions.

TampaAccountant
    Participant

Probably not, just make sure you keep each testlet to no more than 30 minutes; don't be stubborn if you get stuck with a MCQ….guess “B” and move on…..The SIMS are tough you're going to need at least 45 minutes each…

ZOEY
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up! I hope to sail through tomorrow. I dont want to go study REG again

MPoni123
    Participant

i take REG tomorrow as well. today i did both final exams (the multiple choice and the research tabs). i didn't bother doing the rest of the simulations because i know the exam is going to be different than Becker simulations. i did look at the answers, though quickly. final exams didn't go so well, but once i went back and was able to view the correct answers, they made sense to me. i'm with you zoey – hopefully the multiple choice questions are less in depth than becker!!

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

MPoni123
    Participant

with REG they can throw ANY type of tax question at you!! =/

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took REG today…crossing my fingers that I passed. The written communications were relatively easy (at least, they were on topics that I knew reasonably well); the research tabs were a bitch and I know I got those wrong). Unlike TampaAccountant, I thought my exam was relatively light on Business Law….there were some major business law topics where I didn't get even one question….but tax was sure covered thoroughly…individual, corporate, partnership, S-corporations, gift, and estate…had questions about every single one of those including two questions on a the same very nitpickly topic that I knew nothing about. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic….I feel pretty sure I scored at least in the 70s, but whether I made 75 or above, I don't know.

On to FAR….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just came back from the test center a couple hours ago… I had to take a half a day off from work and drive 90 minutes to get there, but it was worth it to be able to take the REG exam the last day of the testing window. This is my 4th time taking REG… but only the 3rd time I've actually studied for it and this time I've also used a new study program (Yaeger) because my other program was kind of dated and didn't seem to be cutting it. I think I did fairly well on multiple choice, but the testlets didn't seem to get much harder so it makes me question how well I really did on them. I ended up guessing on most of the tabs for my simulations… only one tab was similar to one of my previous exam's sims… and of course, not one I studied for. I hope my educated guessing was enough to pull me through. I think I did half-way decent on the written communications and I nailed one research question, and totally bombed the other. I really hope I get good news before the holidays… but at least I don't have to wait as long to find out. I don't think I'll ever take an exam at the beginning of a testing window ever again (and hopefully I won't have to!).

Schus
    Participant

I took it yesterday, I dunno how to feel after taking these things. I definitely felt the least confident coming out of this one than the others but I felt I did about the same on AUD as I did on BEC and there was an 8 point difference, so who knows?

AUD 81 - BEC 89 - FAR 82 - REG 86

ksf105
    Participant

i took REG yesterday also… i didnt feel as confident walking out as i would have liked.. definately felt strapped for time basically because i took my sweet as time on the MC; as a result i only had about 40 min to complete both sims.. also, I had a tab on Farm income and i dont think i read one word about farm income when preparing..

Anyone have any suggestions about retaking exams, specifically when is a good time to retake (before/after my next exam(s))? REG was my first and i plan to start studying for BEC in Jan then FAR then AUD.. but i dont know if i should change my schedule around, depending on if i have to retake.. any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.