Took REG today – 2/26 – Need Advice!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I passed FAR (80), BEC (83), and AUD (83) on the first attempt using Gleim. I felt pretty good after all three and felt that Gleim well prepared me for all three. However, I took REG today and did not feel so great leaving it. Many of the questions were obscure or not explained well in Gleim. The time limit killed me too. I felt just fair/ok on all the MC’s and ok on the first simulation. The second sim was brutal and I’m sure I did horrible on that one. This is the first time I felt that there is a good chance that I may not pass. Four questions for anyone that would be kind enough to give me some thoughts/advice.

1. If a question is quite obscure yet not difficult, meaning you really had to just be lucky to have studied it, would it be weighted by the AICPA as being a difficult question?

2. Normally, I would move on to studying the next section, but I have passed the other 3. Should I keep studying REG as if I did not pass until I get my grade? I hate to waste the time studying for nothing, but I feel that if I wait a month until grades come out, I will forget valuable information if I failed and need to retake.

3. Is there a better review system for REG, other than Gleim?

4. My job right now is very flexible and allows me to study whenever I want. I was planning on getting an accounting job after I passed the exam. I wanted to be able to concentrate on studying or an accounting job, but not both. In the position I am now, would it be safe to say that I could handle an accounting job and studying for REG (if I failed)?

Jeff, I love your sight. How can I make a donation? Thanks to everyone for any thoughts/advice!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rsanchez
    Participant

I feel exactly the same way. I took REG on 2/16 and found it was by far the most difficult of the bunch. Testlet 2 killed me, I had a ton of obscure questions I've never seen before. Also, I didn't manage my time well on the MCQs since they were pretty difficult and I was very tired and only filled out one tab and the communication tab on Sim 1 and only the communication tab in Sim 2 (the others tabs in sim 2 were crazy, really difficult-hopefully they were pretest questions). I have passed the other 3 exams and like you am wondering if I should keep studying in case I have to retake. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wait and see if you passed. A lot of people that feel bad coming out of an exam end up doing great. In the event that you do need to retake it, Jeff really liked Yaegar and it is affordable. If it comes to that as well, join Club 75. I did it mainly to support Jeff and the site but the notes for REG you get with it look amazing.

mdmoinuddin
    Participant

I took REG on 28th Jan 2010 and BEC on 5th Feb 2010, both first attempts. Passeed BEC but today got REG with 69. I prepared throughly with Becker, managed to do good with MCQ's but the simulations were tough. I could not even attempt the second simulation completely (only 15 mins left to solve the 2nd simulation) and it was very tough. Now , thinking to go for another review for REG and need advise as to which is the best other alternative.

To answer allendean question above, i would suggest to just spend an hour or two on revision until u get the results , try to do some MCQ's daily to be on a safer side. you can do this even with your accounting job!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.