If i can pass cpa exam, anyone can

• Creator
    Topic
    looker
    Participant

I recently passed CPA exam and i can tell you without question that if i passed it so can anyone else.

Little background about me. I took accounting 1 in 1999 and accounting 2 in 2001. I received my bs in finance in 2008. Between 2008 and 1999 i didn’t take any other accounting classes. Yes finance is kind of related to accounting but it really is not.

Between 08-now i work for glass installer company doing bookkeeping (ar/ap) nothing complex at all.
    In early 2018 i decided that i should do something with my life and looked up how to become CPA. Ended up taking 7 accounting classes including ethics class and quickbooks. With exception of quickbook i cheated on all of those online classes test using quizlet.

Once i got qualified i study for Far using Wiley and took 10 weeks. My method was to watch the video, go back and write the notes for that video. Take notes on each slide and do chapter test. I skipped all other assessments. M-F i study for 4 hours each day. Sat for my day off except if i felt behind any video to catch up and read the notes. Basically i took usually 2-3 more notes i had to read. I didn’t bother with physical book, flashcards etc. I took 2 weeks to review the material. The more you review, the more automatic it becomes. Becoming familiar with the question is not an issue as long as you actually read the question and do the calculations.

For all other exams i took 6 weeks to study as the amount of material was smaller compare to Far.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Allison
    Participant

Congrats! I failed FAR and would like to hear how did you prepare FAR? Thanks,

Good luck!
    bigstakk
    Participant

Not sure how ethical it is to cheat on all of your accounting tests for school let alone brag about it on here…lol…but yea the exams are not that hard. It's just a lot of material to get through. Just takes effort, dedication and focus.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

looker
    Participant

Allison i passed FAR by taking notes, watching video and hammering the mcq question and base simulation. FAR me was hard in beginning, if you can understand the beginning everything else just builds on it. Use T accounts, that is your friend. Also think logically, sometimes that makes it much easier. FAR got lots of material but i honestly can't say that it's the hardest. I would argue that AUD was much harder but material amount was smaller. In MCQ i noticed that 2 answers usually didn't make any sense if it wasn't calculation question.

looker
    Participant

@bigstakk not bragging about it. I just told it so people can understand my background. Yes it's unethical especially cheating in ethics class. With that being said, those classes are not there to prepare you for CPA exam, just to discourage you, if you are not willing to put in the time to take more accounting classes.

AndreA
    Participant

Thank you for sharing with your experience! You did a great job!

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

Tommy
    Participant

@Looker GOOD FOR YOU! And thanks for sharing! The cheating part was my favorite lol Thing is, you CANT cheat on the CPA exam anyway, which confirms if you actually know or accounting or not. So @bigstakk come down off ya high horse with your perfect self.

Licensed in IL & GA
    TheeAccountant
    Participant

Anyone who says they NEVER used Chegg or quizlet and has been in school in the last five years is more than likely a liar. One of my professors, realizing that everyone uses these websites, strictly limited the time we had to take online quizzes. Either you knew the answer or you didn't and if you didn't there wasn't really enough time to look up anything. So if professors are so daft that they don't realize that students are going to google the answers, who fault is that? Disclosure: I taught for 4 years at two different colleges, and I always thought about how to discourage cheating. My ways were clever and I actually did catch a group of students red-handed cheating. They couldn't figure out how I caught them either. I hope they learned a lesson from it. Cheating might get you through the class, but it won't get you through life.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    I've found an anomaly in the Space-Time Continuum. NASBA and the AICPA are in the 19th century. They use slide rules to score the exam, and then they send the scores by Pony Express to the State Boards. That's why it takes so long for them to do a score release.
    Tugga
    Participant

Think about like this: surface deep, miles wide. You need a learning provider who who understand that rater than having you memorize useless materials. Looks like Ninja has done this.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.