CALIFORNIA CPA LICENSE APPLICATION PROCESS TIME 2020

• Creator
    Topic
    tim
    Participant

Saw similar threads in prior years. I shall continue the tradition.

12/24/19 – mailed complete application

12/27/19 – received by cba

1/7/20 – they cashed the $250 check

1/8/20 – received email for fingerprint authorization, completed and emailed them form same day.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bigstakk
    Participant

I’m in the same boat only a few steps behind.

1/4 Mailed App + check via UPS
    1/8 App received

Had my boss send my work experience cert directly last week. Still need to take the Ethics Exam, which I’m planning to do this weekend or next weekend. We will see how it goes.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

bigstakk
    Participant

Any updates? My check got cashed yesterday (1/14) so I’m waiting on the finger print email. Plan on taking the ethics exam this weekend. Have you done the ethics exam yet?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

Puppykoala
    Participant

Hi, just wondering, if I don't have enough experience yet, would I still be able to apply? Noticed that @Bigstakk mentioned that he/she hasn't done ethics exam. I'm assuming CBA accepts application even if you are short of certain materials?
    I want them to validate my school credits, but they won't do it until I apply.

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

bigstakk
    Participant

The instructions from the CBA website said to first send your application, check and criminal disclosure then to complete the remaining items. I assumed I didn’t need to do the ethics test first based on the order of the instructions. Haven’t received my fingerprint email yet. Planning to crank out the ethics test weekend, so hopefully it doesn’t hold up my app. Anyone know if it will?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

tim
    Participant

No updates for me. Yeah I finished the ethics exam a few weeks ago. Hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

bigstakk
    Participant

Small update for me…

-received my finger print email 1/16
    -did fingerprint and emailed CBA 1/16
    -completed ethics exam 1/31

Any updates from you Tim?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

tim
    Participant

Yes… I received a letter on 1/30 saying I need four more units of ethics…ugh. I just enrolled in two courses which will unfortunately delay my license for about 4 months. A bummer but what can you do. Cba seems to be moving at a decent pace though, so hope you get licensed soon!

LazyBoy8
    Participant

Mailed in my completed application last week. Ethics passed and experience form both mailed and emailed. All application-related documents received by CBA on 2/6/2020. Still no update as of yet. Did anyone hear any updates?

bigstakk
    Participant

I got a letter dated 2/6 saying I need 1 and 2/3 units of ethics study units. They provided the transcripts I received and for my MAcc degree it just stated total units and GPA and didn’t list out each course. I’m hoping it’s just a matter of getting my university to provide the detailed transcripts since I know I took and ethics course, audit and business law which are all qualifying courses. I just happened to take an ethics course in undergrad which they counted. Also took a religion course in undergrad which should count as well. There is no way I am missing the units. Annoyed about the hiccup but hopefully I can get it cleared up next week.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

Meg
    Participant

Here's my timeline so far:
    12/23/19 – Passed Ethics Exam
    01/31/20 – Mailed Application + Check via USPS
    02/03/20 – Application Received
    02/10/20 – Check Cashed
    02/18/20 – Received Fingerprint Email
    02/19/20 – Took Fingerprints & Emailed Form

Hoping the rest of the process is quick!

AUD - 74 (JAN-19), 77 (APR-19)
    BEC - 76 (FEB-17), 86 (DEC-19)
    FAR - 54 (OCT-17), 82 (NOV-19)
    REG - 71 (MAR-18), 83 (SEP-18)
    -----
    Ethics - 90%
    bigstakk
    Participant

I called the CBA on Tuesday to figure out the units and it appears they applied Ethics units to Business units and they said they would reallocate them since they can only be applied to a single category requirement, so I should be good. Only now I received the live scan email again after I already did that so hopefully they didn’t restart my app process. They confirmed receipt of my ethics exam results as well so now I’m just waiting on the final notice to pay the license fee and to get my license number. Hoping this is not a slow process to the finish line now. Going to call them again tomorrow about that live scan email I just received and to see where things are at.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

bigstakk
    Participant

Apparently everyone with an outstanding app was blasted with the same live scan email yesterday according to the CBA. App is pending legal review and then they will send me a the form to sign and send in license fee. Hoping to receive the form early next week.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

LazyBoy8
    Participant

I am finding limited information on the fingerprinting process of mailing in the “hardcard” physical copy versus flying to California and doing the live Scan. I fear that if I mail in the physical version it will wind up in the dark abyss that is the CBA and it will take forever. If anyone has information on this topic please share. Thank you.

bigstakk
    Participant

I just scanned and emailed a copy to them. The live scan place will also send them a copy directly. I am pretty sure you can do this at any licensed live scan location. Good luck.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

bigstakk
    Participant

Side note- I just received my initial license fee form via email and filled it out and sent it with the $250 license fee check. FedEx'd it and it should arrive tomorrow by 3pm. Paid the extra $18 to have it get there tomorrow vs Friday with the hopes that they will send me my license # on Friday vs next week. Will keep y'all posted on timing.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.