CALIFORNIA CPA LICENSE APPLICATION PROCESS TIME 2020 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    tim
    Participant

Saw similar threads in prior years. I shall continue the tradition.

12/24/19 – mailed complete application

12/27/19 – received by cba

1/7/20 – they cashed the $250 check

1/8/20 – received email for fingerprint authorization, completed and emailed them form same day.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bigstakk
    Participant

License fee check cashed today (3/3/20)…waiting on email about my license # at this point.

Does anyone know how long that takes at this point?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

Meg
    Participant

I got a letter saying the CBA didn't receive one of my transcripts, even though I have a signature confirmation that it was received in November. Ugh. Just rushed them a new copy – hoping this doesn't delay the process too much. Hope you get your license number soon @Bigstakk!

AUD - 74 (JAN-19), 77 (APR-19)
    BEC - 76 (FEB-17), 86 (DEC-19)
    FAR - 54 (OCT-17), 82 (NOV-19)
    REG - 71 (MAR-18), 83 (SEP-18)
    -----
    Ethics - 90%
    bigstakk
    Participant

As long as you respond immediately it does not appear to delay things much. Also, they do answer the phone when you call the phone number provided on the notice. I called a couple days in a row to sort out my college units and someone answered almost every time I called and they were able to sort out the issue within days. I would call and let them know once it says delivered and get them to confirm receipt over the phone and to push you in along to the next steps. Once they confirm your transcripts and units they push you on to the legal screening to review your FBI record and then sign off pretty immediately from that point and send you the license fee letter. It is now $250 (not $120) but you renew every 2 years. Good luck Meg!
    My check was actually cashed on 3/2, so 3 days now but they received my signed license letter and check on at 9am on 2/26, so it has been about 9 days, so hoping I get my license tomorrow since I have done some research and seen some people get there license #s within 5-14 days of them receiving the letter. Fingers crossed.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

bigstakk
    Participant

Received my license number today. Not showing up when you search for me in the online database, but have the official email from the cba. Glad the process is officially over. Good luck to all of you and continue fighting the fight. You will succeed if you put your mind to it and stay focused.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

jeff
    Keymaster

Congrats on getting licensed! Now the joy of CPE awaits 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    QuoVadimus
    Participant

2/22 Ethics completed
    2/28 Application submitted
    2/28 Experience submitted with application
    3/9 $250 check cashed
    3/10 Finger print email received
    3/11 Fingerprint scan completed

On the fingerprint email i just received a blank email with the attachment. I got my scan at UPS and then just sent back the completed form (with UPS stamp etc.) as a reply to the email. Is this what everyone else did? And now i'm just waiting for the licence number, or is there another step?

AUD 74   Oct '18 (retake Jan '19)

BEC 79   May '18

FAR 77   Sep '18

REG 80   Nov '18

Puppykoala
    Participant

You still need to wait for CBA to confirm your fingerprint. They will then ask you to sumbit a criminal history disclosure form or whatever it is called and then evaluate your school units and then work experience form and then issue license number. I think this is what's to follow. Could be wrong. I just submitted the disclosure.

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

QuoVadimus
    Participant

I think I already sent the criminal disclosure form with my initial application. My transcripts were all sent through the foreign transcript evaluation process at the beginning of this, when i applied to sit the exams so hopefully they aren't doing that again. I guess I'll find out soon enough- i'll let you know here first!

AUD 74   Oct '18 (retake Jan '19)

BEC 79   May '18

FAR 77   Sep '18

REG 80   Nov '18

bigstakk
    Participant

Thanks @Jeff.

@Quovadimus
    your next steps is they will confirm your educational units and if they meet each of the category requirements then they move your file along to the legal review team for final review of your federal background check. Once you clear all of that they will send you an email requesting to pay the initial license fee and sign the license form. After that it will be anywhere between 1-3 weeks before they cash your license fee check and send you a congratulatory email that your now a CPA along with your license number. As long as you don’t have any missing educational units or background check issues you should be licensed within the next 2-4 weeks. However, who knows if the Coronavirus will have CBA closures and delay this process by an unknown amount of time. Good luck!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

stuckintheslowlane
    Participant

Hello All,

I emailed the CPA board this morning to ask if they could provide a timeline for application review in light of COVID-19. A initial Licensing analyst responded and told me that they couldn't provide a timeline. Has anyone applied after 3/5/2020 and received any notification from the board regarding their application? I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that I have enough educational units and I hope that isn't causing my delay.

Thank you,
    Kelley

Toki
    Participant

Did someone that applied for license in the past couple of months heard something from the CBA lately? I'm wondering if they have been processing new licenses or they stopped for the moment.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    FAR- 81 (SEP 19)
    AUD- 87 (JUN 19)
    REG- 79 (MAR 19)
    BEC- 80 (FEB 19)
    Done!!!
    LazyBoy8
    Participant

yes applied in Feb….check was cashed around Valentine's Day. I received notification my app was complete around March 2nd and just got notice last week that my application was approved. So things are still moving.

Toki
    Participant

That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing!

AUD - 87
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    FAR- 81 (SEP 19)
    AUD- 87 (JUN 19)
    REG- 79 (MAR 19)
    BEC- 80 (FEB 19)
    Done!!!
    jeff3861791
    Participant

Wow, I guess whoever processed your app was working at a much faster pace than the person who was processing my app. I applied in Jan and did not receive a letter requesting experience form correction until the end of Feb. My employer mailed out the correct form the next day and was received by CBA on 2/28. Haven't heard a word from them since.

Emailed CBA in early April and all I got was a canned response saying they are still processing apps but cannot provide with me a status update on my app because the CBA office is closed to the public.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 77
    REG - 84
    Toki
    Participant

I also have a bad experience with the application process. I applied in January for an attest license. Received a reply in February that I will need to appear in front of the qualification committee in April. Then this whole covid-19 happened… I asked them in March if this committee thing is still happening. They said they don't know yet and that I should consider applying for the general license and then later I could convert it to an attest one. With everything that was happening, I agreed and they said they will process my application as a general license one. That was in March and not a word from them since.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    FAR- 81 (SEP 19)
    AUD- 87 (JUN 19)
    REG- 79 (MAR 19)
    BEC- 80 (FEB 19)
    Done!!!
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.