Funny thing about FAR test schedule

• Creator
    Topic
    sdollen64
    Participant

The funniest thing happened to me today regarding my retake for FAR. Took it back in I think November and scored a 74. Life got busy and planned to take it tomorrow, Saturday, May 30th. As the day kept getting closer and closer, I am doubting my readiness to retake. I would go out and check the reschedule and even the seat availability for FAR and it was always showing out to September before anything was open within a 3 hour drive of me.

I was in panic mode today and then an email popped into my inbox from NASB which stated that some Prometric sites were now at full capacity for testing. I saw my local site on the list and on a whim tried to see if I could reschedule my test. Sure enough, there was next Saturday, June 6th, then June 8, 9, and 10th open. The weird part is that I have been checking almost daily and nothing except in September.

Am I ready and could I have taken it tomorrow and possibly done okay? Yeah, I think I psyched myself out. BUT, I would rather give myself 10 more days to spend some time on SIMs and the areas I absolutely know I’m weak on. So, I rescheduled for Wed, 6/10 and am going to take a personal day from work. I told my wife that I now need to make sure I use those 10 days wisely and not piddle them away.

Anyway – I think it’s because they will be full occupancy as of June 1st which is Monday. Glad to see it’s opening up more. Now, maybe they’ll get rid of the requirement for a mask at some point?

My teenage son to me "If you don't pass, it isn't like you'll die or anything."  True.  Very true.  Just do your best, it's all you can do.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

Still on track for Wednesday?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    sdollen64
    Participant

We shall see. We shall see. 😉 I do know for a fact that I REALLY hate theory questions from the shareholders equity section and also deferred taxes. Maybe because I work in a not for profit business that has neither. 🙂

My teenage son to me "If you don't pass, it isn't like you'll die or anything."  True.  Very true.  Just do your best, it's all you can do.
    jeff
    Keymaster

We'll be doing a sparring session over Equity soon.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.