Loss of Motivation

• Creator
    Topic
    Yolanda
    Participant

What do you do when you’ve lost your motivation to continue studying?

Yolanda

On Earth, we are briefly gorgeous...

In my defense for these scores, I barely studied...

BEC 58, 64, 68

AUD 55, 62

FAR 55

BEC - 64, 58, 68
    AUD - 55 - Retake 2013
    FAR - 55
    REG - JAN 2013
    Ethics exam - required in my state (IL) DEC 2012

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

You need to ask yourself every day why you want the CPA license. I look at my family every day and tell myself I need to become more of an alpha male and pass this difficult exam. That keeps me going.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Yolanda
    Participant

I think I've just lost my desire for everything in life. And I am not blaming it on COVid-19 at all. I am an accountant and remain gainfully employed. I don't know what my issue is or how to get out of this RUT…

Yolanda

BEC 58, 64, 68

AUD 55, 62

FAR 55

BEC - 64, 58, 68
    AUD - 55 - Retake 2013
    FAR - 55
    REG - JAN 2013

Nature Boy
    Participant

The fact that better days are ahead and the great career opportunities in the long run. The payoff will not be on the front end. I think in general we are all a little flustered and confused now. Not necessarily a lack of motivation to study, but lack of enthusiasm and excitement in general for all of us now. It's like we all have been living in a timewarp for like the last 9-10 weeks now and it might as well have been like 9-10 years and feels like nothing has changed.

AUD - 70
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    I'm Ric Flair! The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun.” “To be the man, you gotta beat the man.” “If you don't like it, learn to love it.
    Yolanda
    Participant

I used to have a professor that would say if you get higher than a 75, you studied to hard LOL

Yolanda

BEC 58, 64, 68

AUD 55, 62

FAR 55

BEC - 64, 58, 68
    AUD - 55 - Retake 2013
    FAR - 55
    REG - JAN 2013

Tncincy
    Participant

Hey, I know how you feel. The want to is there, but when to get started and stay consistent is something else. I jumped in on the mcq challenge a couple of weeks ago. I didn't do 500 mcq's by the deadline, but it was the fire to get me going. I must admit there were some hiccups in between like Mother's day and finding out my landlord of 20 years to my office space passed away. I know as things begin to open up everyone is going to rush in and get those seats. I don't want to be the one that has not done sufficient studying and need a seat. Jeff's podcast is pretty good too. Good luck. Get to work.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Yolanda
    Participant

I did just listen to Jeff's podcast and you do make a valid point. My city has actually semi reopened, but I am not sure if prometrics is open.
    One of my NIU professors was Debra Hopkins. I don't know if people have heard of her. She passed away some years ago in a car crash. Her license plates said be a CPA. She had such a passion for teaching and she wrote a book called You Can Pass the CPA Exam. I listened to the audio of that book some time ago and it really fired me up. I think I will download the audio again and listen to it again. It is very short but super motivating!

Yolanda

BEC 58, 64, 68

AUD 55, 62

FAR 55

BEC - 64, 58, 68
    AUD - 55 - Retake 2013
    FAR - 55
    REG - JAN 2013

Yolanda
    Participant

The actual content of the book is outdated, but that 60 minute CD that accompanies it was all I needed to get motivated when I listened to it. This professor could explain governmental accounting like no other!

Yolanda

BEC 58, 64, 68

AUD 55, 62

FAR 55

BEC - 64, 58, 68
    AUD - 55 - Retake 2013
    FAR - 55
    REG - JAN 2013

Skynet
    Participant

I used to work in Retail. YES RETAIL!

The fact that I'm still employed and working from home while all those people who are working retail are currently out of a job or furloughed is why I'm happy I chose the accounting profession.

That alone is already self motivation enough.

AUD - 90
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - In Progress
    Phase III : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase IV : Form the new Charlie's Angels with Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, & Gal Gadot
    Phase V : TBD

BEC : 78
    REG : 87
    FAR : 84
    AUD : 90

World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - Initiated
    Phase III : Bring back 8-Tracks
    Phase IV : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase V : TBA

Puppykoala
    Participant

there is no such thing as “study too hard”. I studied 2-3 hours per day for 4 months for FAR. 6-8 hours on weekends. Non-stop. I think for this exam, study smart and put in efforts, the scores should be proportional. Good luck!

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

BBtown
    Participant

When I lost my motivation, I watched Youtube how other people study for the CPA exam. That is really helpful.
    Join the Nasba CPA candidate forum on Facebook and be active. Reading what other candidates post in the group. At least, you know that you are not on this journey alone.
    People cheer each other up all the time because they all know what you are going through.
    I currently passed all 4 exams in March so I know how you feel.

BB
    earbulan
    Participant

I'm not one to talk because I'm in the same rut. I personally am working on my daily behaviors. Going for a walk/jog(exercise), eating protein salad(Healthy diet), and complete a module/mcqs(studying). Daily behaviors will guide you to your goals. Trust the process, the why will come to you.

Motivation? I've noticed that people who passed have great support systems. This is when you leverage Another71 forum. =)

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Fall down seven times,  get up eight.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.