Need opinions on Rogers Smart Path

• Creator
    Topic
    Ramana
    Participant

All you Roger fans out there, what do you think about his new SmartPath technology? Is it as good as they claim it is?

“roger-cpa-review”/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPA-A-RON
    Participant

Ramana,

I actually really enjoyed the SmartPath feature. First and foremost it made you answer a lot of questions, which is the key study habit for the CPA exams. Also, when I got the questions wrong, it banked those questions for me and I kept taking those questions I got wrong over and over so I would finally understand it. It shows you what categories of what exam you are weak in, so you can go back and review that portion again. I would like to think SmartPath had a significant influence in regards to me passing the exams.

Good luck!

FAR - 79

AUD - 69,88

REG - 75

BEC - 78

Ramana
    Participant

CPA-A-Ron,
    Thanks for answering.
    Do you think you got adequate support when you raised questions? How were the MCQs and TBS btw?

Hank Scorpio
    Participant

I really enjoyed the smart tech. I just hammered the areas I struggled with with the smart path and some MCQ mixed in.

AUD - 71, 79
    BEC - 69, 74, 75
    FAR - 71, 74, 80
    REG - 74, 78

FAR - 10/3/16
    BEC - 69 - 10/31/16
    AUD - November 2016
    REG - December 2016

CPA-A-RON
    Participant

I felt the MCQ and TBS were adequate enough for me to be comfortable during the exam. Only a couple of times during all four tests I did not feel familiar with TBS, but I hung in there and figured it out. I also supplemented Roger's MCQ and TBS with AICPA's practice questions. Really helped. As for support, it could be better. I have seen multiple questions asked with no response, but anytime I asked a question it was answered relatively quick.

FAR - 79

AUD - 69,88

REG - 75

BEC - 78

Recked
    Participant

They introduced the SmartPath feature while using the course, either during my studies for my third or fourth exam.
    According to their smathpath plan I was lacking in almost all areas but still passed with flying colors.
    The SmartPath seemed to be a bit overkill. I had maybe a quarter of the chapters in green, but most in the yellow still not complete phase.
    I tried to do every question in the test bank at least once (except for AUD which I ran out of time on).
    I would not invest too much time or energy in the SmartPath stats, but rather focus on learning the things you don't know. Good luck.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.