Passed last exam March 10th. Still no congratulatory letter.

• Creator
    Topic
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

Anybody else still waiting on their congratulatory letter?

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    John
    Participant

In the same boat, Ive completed my entire application for our state board (SC) and the only thing the board is waiting on for approval is NASBA to send the scores to them. This is done at the same time as the congratulatory letters. I've been told different dates each time I've contacted NASBA and now they do not even respond. Its super annoying. What is your state?

JB

AUD - 82

BEC - 79

FAR - 76

REG - 85

Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

@John I'm in NY. I completed 2 out of 3 forms required for application. I need to get my work experience still and it's a bit delayed since we're working remotely.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

David
    Participant

I also passed my last exam 3/10 and am still waiting for my license issuance as well as my scores to be sent to Michigan. Ive contacted NASBA multiple times and half the time they don’t respond. It’s understandable they’re under delay because of COVID but it’s the last piece Michigan needs for my application to issue my license. I even asked if they could send the same congratulatory email that was emailed to me. I asked my state of Michigan and they said that would probably be sufficient. Also, they told me my scores/ file wouldn’t be sent until they’re back in the office which who knows how long that will be? A different email told me scores would’ve been sent two weeks ago. It’s just a mess and I get it, the communication is terrible though.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 79
    REG - 75
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11

Icarito
    Participant

I was like everyone else, sitting and waiting. Monikernc recommended that I email licensing@nasba.org and voila! 5 days later and I am officially a licensed CPA in Michigan, NASBA representative was able to connect with the Michigan representative once I shared the Michigan contact email.
    @David have the rep from licensing@nasba.org email your scores to BPLHelp@michigan.gov

They will also send your congratulatory letter via email if you email them with your candidate ID. Given the circumstances, they are not mailing out paper right now.

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

I passed my last exam in August 2019 and never received a congratulatory letter. I just sent my state a copy of my scores along with the other requirements and they issued my license within 2 weeks without any questions.

I wonder if the letter ever thinks about me? We coulda matched.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 76
    Licensed in VA
    monikernc
    Participant

@Icarito I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Feels good, doesn’t it? Woo! Hoo!

@Accounting…if it is meant to be, you and the letter will one day be united.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

David
    Participant

@icarito hello and thank you for your help. I emailed NASBA again yesterday @ the email you provided of licensing@nasba.org. I requested exactly what you mentioned in the email and I've gotten no response. I've emailed them around 10 times now and half of the time they never even respond to me. I'm at the point now where I'm not sure what to do because I can't exactly call them. I realize the situation going on with the pandemic but I passed my final exam (thank you God) 3/10 over 2 months ago. I feel like that's ample time to send over scores electronically, and especially if you've received yours already. They sent me my congratulatory email and I asked Michigan if I can just forward that to them and they said it has to come directly from NASBA and not myself. I have a friend that received his licensure in Michigan too and I'm just wondering how NASBA is sending out some scores to the state and not all?

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 79
    REG - 75
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

John
    Participant

David –

I'm in the same exact boat as you. I sent a follow up email requesting scores again and included all emails of the staff at our state board. Still no response, hell I haven't received a response from them in 2 weeks. Its infuriating. With today's technology this shouldn't be an issue at all. Yet here we are.

AUD - 82

BEC - 79

FAR - 76

REG - 85

monikernc
    Participant

David, have you tried cpaes-mi@nasba.org

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

monikernc
    Participant

I have had very good experience emailing and politely requesting assistance from
    Shelly Crosby
    Associate Director, Client Services, National Association for State Boards of Accountancy, @nasba.org”>scrosby@nasba.org
    She may take a few days to respond but she will give it her attention. Be nice.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

John
    Participant

Thanks Monikernc – I just emailed her. Her email says she is out of the office until Monday the 18th. Hope to hear from her early next week.

AUD - 82

BEC - 79

FAR - 76

REG - 85

David
    Participant

Hey all,

So I randomly checked Michigan’s website and it said my license was issued. One of my multiple emails to NASBA must’ve worked even though they never responded to me they sent the scores. 🙂 My license has been issued just have to wait 7-10 business days on Michigan to ship it. Good luck to all still waiting it seems like they’re sending out scores now.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 79
    REG - 75

monikernc
    Participant

@john what state are you in?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

John
    Participant

South Carolina, if I email my state board they respond almost immediately, however they are having trouble getting accurate information as well.

AUD - 82

BEC - 79

FAR - 76

REG - 85

monikernc
    Participant

Good luck. I was originally a NC candidate and feel fortunate NASBA has handled my initial and reciprocity applications since covid started its shenanigans- they have been very responsive. NC fully closed its office – no work from home. Ms Crosby has been especially helpful. The delays I have encountered are due to the two states I am dealing with requiring approval by their full board at scheduled meetings.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.