Prometric Cancellation - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    animalwithin
    Participant

I just received an email from Prometric stating that my scheduled exam has been cancelled and to not show up to the testing center. Thing is, my exam is on the 27th of April and the email states they’re still planning on reopening on the 16th of April…

Anyone else receive an email like this?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    animalwithin
    Participant

Hmm, I don't have any NTS expiring within that window so that extension doesn't apply to me. I now have to reschedule my AUD but I'm not sure of the availability of dates.

tmac87
    Participant

@Animalwithin – Rescheduling/Seat Availability here:

http://securereg3.prometric.com/landing.aspx?prg=cpa

FAR - 62, 65, 62, 71, 68, 80
    REG - 76
    BEC - 79 (Expired), 69, 75 (Expired), 86
    AUD - 89 (Expired), 70, 78 (Expired), 81
    animalwithin
    Participant

@Tmac87 Thank you but I don't even know if I should be rescheduling myself.

According to their email and their website: Prometric will send you an email as soon as possible with further instructions regarding your exam—including a new test date based on when we expect to resume normal testing.

So do I wait for them or start searching for a new test date myself?

tmac87
    Participant

Yeah I know what you mean. I was checking availability at my local center for BEC for a few days after Prometric shut everything down. Then once I checked my NTS and saw it was extended to 9/30, I went back and checked on my center's availability again and picked a new date (4/19, as to pick one after the 4/16 date Prometric mentioned). Got the confirmation from email and no cancellation of the new appointment, yet.

REG - 76
    animalwithin
    Participant

This really sucks. My closest testing center is apparently closed indefinitely and the only testing centers with available spots are well over an hour away from me.

Tncincy
    Participant

@animalwithin, My testing centers are 2 hours away in each direction. so either way I must travel. Traveling is not so bad though. I usually leave a day earlier, check into a hotel for a few days and do some cramming.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

animalwithin
    Participant

@Tncincy That's such a hassle, I guess I've had it lucky haha. My usual testing center is about 40 mins away with traffic.

I've had to reschedule AUD for the 8th of May. Who knows what the world will look like a month from now. Arguably we're putting our health at risk for these exams at this point.

Tncincy
    Participant

We had a testing center 45 min away, but not enough people used it for CPA or any other exams. so it's closed. 🙁 So I have to travel. You're right, Lord knows what things will look like a month from now.. I guess we'll just keep studying and wait and see. I really need a date though to kinda put a fire in my study. Right now I am just stuck.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

animalwithin
    Participant

I guess I'm fortunate mine is always packed…except when you've got a pandemic going around and they shut down haha.

I'm with you regarding having a set date to work towards, it gives you an objective to aim at. I guess we just have to learn to study amongst all the uncertainty which isn't easy.

TNTTN
    Participant

@Animalwithin If you want to take the test early, you can try Prometric in Anaheim. I just checked, there's a bunch of availability.
    https://proscheduler.prometric.com/scheduling/searchAvailability

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 85
    REG - 81
    ^______^
    animalwithin
    Participant

@TNTTN I believe the Anaheim location is even farther from me than the location I rescheduled at (Culver City).

With that said, there's essentially no traffic on the freeways so I suppose distance isn't as much of an issue. I wonder how many people are actually testing during this time?

tmac87
    Participant

@AnimalWithin – Just got notice the rescheduled exam for 4/19 was cancelled 🙁

REG - 76
    PDiddy2000
    Participant

I got the same notice. My April 17 exam cancelled. 🙁

FAR-Mar 9,2020 (failed 71), retest May 21
    BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    AUD-Passed(8 weeks,1877 MCQs, and 38 TBSs)-Wiley
    REG-Passed(10 weeks, 2000 MC)-Wiley
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

I'm so sorry for anybody dealing with this right now. I'm lucky that my last exam was March. I know what it's like to have a target date set 2 or 3 mos. from the start of your studies and bust your ass to do everything you can to keep on schedule. But now you have this bs to deal with…rooting for you all.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

TNTTN
    Participant

@Animalwithin Judt got a cancellation notice for 4/20 as well >.< Ugh!!!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 85
    REG - 81
    ^______^
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.