Prometric Cancellation - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    animalwithin
    Participant

I just received an email from Prometric stating that my scheduled exam has been cancelled and to not show up to the testing center. Thing is, my exam is on the 27th of April and the email states they’re still planning on reopening on the 16th of April…

Anyone else receive an email like this?

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    animalwithin
    Participant

As everyone is experiencing, I just got the official email confirming Prometric closure until May 1. Strange that I got my exam cancellation email before this one came out haha.

Would be nice if NASBA or whomever can give us some sort of extension, even a couple weeks.

TNTTN
    Participant

Are you trying to reschedule? I tried just now to reschedule it in May but it seems like they wouldn't let us even though there's availability. You know how when you select the date and time, then you click the next arrow on the bottom right of the page to confirm, this time, that arrow turns to an “X”. It's weird.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 85
    REG - 81
    ^______^
    PDiddy2000
    Participant

I'm putting a May 1 – 15 date range to reschedule but my prometric isn't even showing up to attempt to select a date. Weird!!

FAR-Mar 9,2020 (failed 71), retest May 21
    BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    AUD-Passed(8 weeks,1877 MCQs, and 38 TBSs)-Wiley
    REG-Passed(10 weeks, 2000 MC)-Wiley
    animalwithin
    Participant

My usual testing center does not show up when I try to reschedule. I rescheduled AUD for May 9 at a different testing center, one of the remaining few that pop up when I try to schedule.

AndreA
    Participant

They have to give us a credit extension. https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update. I live in LA and I can't get my NTS at least until May 15, which means most likely I won't be able to take BEC and REG in Q2… https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/10/coronavirus-live-updates-us-cases-top-466000-trump-calls-for-more-small-business-funding.html

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

animalwithin
    Participant

Lets hope they give us credit extension. They will have to if this goes beyond April.

tmac87
    Participant

I managed to reschedule both BEC and AUD at my local center, for 5/15 and 5/31, respectively. Assuming they stick to the 5/1 opening, I'll have a built in 2 week buffer to work out the kinks. Hope you guys can get scheduled soon.

FAR - 62, 65, 62, 71, 68, 80
    REG - 76
    BEC - 79 (Expired), 69, 75 (Expired), 86
    AUD - 89 (Expired), 70, 78 (Expired), 81
    animalwithin
    Participant

@AndreA It seems like the stay-at-home extension isn't affecting all testing centers in LA which is interesting. This also means it's not likely we'll get credit extensions so long as there are testing centers within our vicinity that are still open, even if they aren't our preferences.

AndreA
    Participant

I'm gonna ask CBA, I'll let you know what they said. I guess you're right, but I can't schedule my exam without NTS.

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

PDiddy2000
    Participant

@Animalwithin I think the prometric website isn't up to date based on their own notice of offices being closed until May 1. Even though I got the cancellation email about my April 17 exam being cancelled and Prometric's website indicating all US centers are being closed, my same testing center is showing availability for April 20. WTH?! Another testing center that's over 100 miles away is showing availability starting April 17. I'll be curious if anyone is able to test, not just schedule a test, but actually test between April 17-30.

FAR-Mar 9,2020 (failed 71), retest May 21
    BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    AUD-Passed(8 weeks,1877 MCQs, and 38 TBSs)-Wiley
    REG-Passed(10 weeks, 2000 MC)-Wiley
    animalwithin
    Participant

@AndreA definitely keep me posted, thank you.

@PDiddy2000
    I believe you are correct, they're all over the place and anything but consistent. I too am very curious if anyone is able to test throughout the rest of this month. If stay-at-home has been extended to the 15th of May (at least here in LA), then why are some testing locations closed while others are still open?

TNTTN
    Participant

@Tmac87 Did you use the same NTS number for the exam just got canceled by Prometric? When I input my old NTS, it said number not recognized. Do I have to ask for a new NTS?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 85
    REG - 81
    ^______^
    animalwithin
    Participant

@TNTTN You should be able to use the same NTS from the exam that got cancelled. I used mine with no problem to reschedule (albeit at a different testing center).

asdf
    Participant

@AndreA
    i'm on the exact same boat.
    i mailed application with check for fee to CBA directly for my BEC retake
    and got no response to this and suddenly CBA wanted people to mail to different address.
    so I mailed again immediately (with USPS certified) which was about a week later
    and again, i have no response until today.
    for sure, they received my mail since USPS tracking says “an agent received it”
    but it seems they are unable to process now until to resume.
    of course, contacted CBA and explained my situation that my FAR credit is expiring soon
    and I don't even have a chance to take MY LASSSTTTTT exam before credit expiration.
    what they told me was “if you have currently open NTS, you will have credit extension.”
    BUT YOU SEE, I DO NOT HAVE CURRENTLY OPEN NTS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROCESS MY NTS APPLICAION!!!!!!!!!!!
    any advise, guys? hah….

FAR - Passed

REG - Passed

AUD - Passed

BEC - July 2020 - PASSSSED!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

PETH - Oct 2020 - Passed  đŸ˜‰

animalwithin
    Participant

@Asdf that's a horrible situation to be in and I'm sure more people will find themselves in the same boat as you. At this point, other than persisting with contacting NASBA/CBA, it's a waiting game.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.