Study Goals – Weekend

• Creator
    Topic
    Me
    Participant

What’s everyone’s study goals this weekend? I am up early looking to get in 7 hours of lecture today. Exhausting right now, but I know it will be so worth it in the end.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    nmj012
    Participant

I've got FAR on the 18th So I'm hoping to get through the last of the new material and maybe start reviewing. Aiming to do 12 hours today and tomorrow (taking breaks every hour). We can do it!

Tncincy
    Participant

I'm in as well. Expect to do 10hours today. I am starting with ninja notes and going to do mcq's topic by topic. Oh I dread mcq's, but there is no reason to keep putting it off. I know I can't memorize the book or notes so hey. I'm in ALL DAY.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Me
    Participant

@Nmj012 —- yes we CAN do it!! @Tncincy, what section are you studying for? I always have big hopes, but my weekends get so wrapped up with our son and just stuff that comes up. Trying to push through the rest of the night, except time for dinner.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
    Tncincy
    Participant

@Me, I am working on Far. I failed Reg but Far is paid for so I decided to go on. Which part are you studying?

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

runincpa
    Participant

Goal is 6 hours today, and 6 hours tomorrow. Currently studying for BEC. I just failed AUD with a 72, and that was my first CPA Exam. I'm planning on taking BEC in 3 weeks, then FAR in late October. I've been using the BEC Plus videos and they seem pretty helpful so far. I've been trying to do at least 100 MCQs everyday so I can get them all done by the end of next week, which would give me 2 weeks to review any week topics.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 77
    REG - 87
    Gotta get that bonus!
    Me
    Participant

I am currently studying for BEC. I have that in 13 days. Then I take FAR in mid October. I have readjusted my study plan to review the highlighted portions from lectures since I felt I was spending too much time and not grasping things. Tomorrow I will begin MCQs – non-stop of course. @Runincpa it looks like we have the same study track. Helps to know someone is on the same track. Hopefully everyone has had/is having a successful study day.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
    Me
    Participant

Another day, more hours to study. Good luck everyone, make it a successful day!!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
    Tncincy
    Participant

I'm in all day today. I was not satisfied with my weekend. But I am the only one that can change this. I've had so many disruptions until I am aggravated today. But today is a new day so okay, so my rant is over. On to study.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Me
    Participant

Tncincy — do you use Becker at all?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
    Tncincy
    Participant

I have an old version of Becker but I am using ninja.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Me
    Participant

Absolutely fell off track this week with not feeling well and other things going on. Rescheduled exam for last week in August to give myself a bit more time. My lack of preparing has caused me to need to finish ALL MCQs within the next 14 days to give myself 3 days for review. Hoping this is possible. Kinda feel like I keep setting myself for failure. Been at this for WAY too long and I really want to finish this to move on to different things. Happy weekend studying all! Hope it is productive.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
    nmj012
    Participant

I am right there with you, have had to reschedule my test as well. If you really focus I think you can do it, hope you've had a productive Saturday!

ahugemistake
    Participant

August 25th is the absolute latest I can take my test. So I am in my final review phase for AUD. Rereading my notes and doing MCQs. In Wiley my goal is to wrap up the Assessing Risks section today, and start the Performing Procedures and Obtaining Evidence.

I basically reread all my notes, do 30% of the questions for the whole topic and move on. My goal is to be done with all sections by next weekend, and use the last week to hammer in the MCQs + problem areas.

FAR: 78*, 75
    REG: 76*, 85
    BEC: 79*, 76
    AUD: 79*, 93

All scores expired, let's try this again.

FAR - 78*
    AUD - 66, 79
    REG - 73, 76
    BEC - 79

Tncincy
    Participant

Just came off a long weekend. My intentions were to study while my family and I attended my Husbands 40th year family reunion in Chicago. I thought study was going to be easy because of the way the events were planned and travel time. Boy, was I wrong. So I took all of my stuff (laptop, flashcards, ninja notes, note book, etc) for nothing. I listen to the ninja audio during the 6 hour drive, until my husband yelled, “who is that, turn than off, put that in your ears”! (lol) I thought he was into the ninja audio, but I guess it was too much. So the weekend is gone, study lacked and I am preparing for Sept 9th. I need motivation and luck. I definitely will have to do the hustle as of today until test day.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Me
    Participant

Tncincy — all the luck! I am with you. I would so like to just go cuddle with my little one, but know I need to get through this. Hope you have had a successful day so far!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Never giving up!
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.