Which section next advice?

• Creator
    Topic
    sdollen64
    Participant

Assuming I finally got my albatross (FAR) off from around my neck, which section would you suggest to tackle next? I’ve often said I’m not an accountant. I’m a finance guy. BBA Finance, MBA, then did BS Accounting. Went into auditing (external, internal). Had AUD/BEC passed years ago and went into internal auditing and decided I’d never need CPA. But, here I am 12 years later.

So, I feel comfortable I think with either AUD or BEC. I feel like REG may give me some difficulty because like FAR it just seems like a LOT of exceptions to the rules that you have to remember. That is what kills me on FAR. All the exceptions to the exceptions. I hate to date myself but I’mm 55 and my memory honestly isn’t what it once was. Sleep apnea kinda does that to you.

Appreciate any suggestions/advice and hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend – whatever you may be doing. In my location, the sun is out, birds are chirping. It’s a good day to sit outside and reflect about what’s important.

My teenage son to me "If you don't pass, it isn't like you'll die or anything."  True.  Very true.  Just do your best, it's all you can do.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

I would say AUD. AUD which makes sense as a decent bit of FAR goes into AUD. AUD sims often involve very basic FAR material like adjusting journal entrie, ratios, etc. If you feel like you have the energy to do REG then that'd be great to bang out the 2 lengthiest ones first. But AUD is breath of fresh air after FAR.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

sdollen64
    Participant

Thank ya Space Mountain! I appreciate that feedback. I was kind of leaning towards either AUD or BEC to get motivation / momentum (assuming I pass FAR and can get those passed). Think I will go down the AUD trail next.

🙂 Hope your weekend is going well!

My teenage son to me "If you don't pass, it isn't like you'll die or anything."  True.  Very true.  Just do your best, it's all you can do.
    monikernc
    Participant

I concur with AUD, your FAR will be the basis for reliable financial reporting. Then either REG or BEC. AUD has very little computation but the others are quite loaded.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

CPAHOPE
    Participant

Yeah studying Auditing makes logical sense after FAR. I took Auditing first which was a huge mistake because you really have to understand FAR before tackling AUD. FAR is going forward and AUD is going backwards.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.