1 week until FAR…how do I stay focused?!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m taking FAR on October 4th (my first section). I’ve made it through all the material and I’m on to my final review. One would think with my exam so close I would be super focused and doing everything I can to retain material. I haven’t had a bit of trouble up to this point with studying hard and staying focused, but the last few days have been a huge struggle to get motivated and maximize the time I have left. What is going on?!?! Is this normal? Any advice on how I can finish strong?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    RandomRandy
    Participant

I wish i could be a little more relaxed. All i can think about leading up to the exam is the exam. I dont have room to think about or stuff. I am on the other spectrum…. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle? lol Im taking my exam on October 1st, a week from today.

FAR: 74 1/15/16, 72 7/2/16 -_-
    BEC: TBD
    REG: TBD
    AUD: TBD

"Nothing is impossible to him who will try" - Andy Bernard

hasy
    Participant

I have the same problem. I feel like I'm out of gas as well. My test is on Oct 3rd and I finished ALL the MCQs in NINJA, Roger's AND WTB. I actually even saw all the SIMs in NINJA. This is for Audit though. I honestly don't know how else to study for this exam with my remaining time. Also, I'm trending 96.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

Anonymous
    Inactive

GuitarMan – I'd love to find a way to meet in the middle! I was like that the last couple weeks and I think I wore myself out thinking and stressing about it so much. Now I can't get myself to focus for very long and I'm just ready to have FAR behind me. But if I don't get myself in gear I won't have it behind me because I won't pass!

hasy – it seems like you're ready to go! I definitely need to get a good review in this week or I don't think I am going to do very well. I wish I was more in your shoes! I don't feel totally unprepared but I know I need to work hard this week or I could be in trouble.

Good luck to you both!

hasy
    Participant

@Allie530

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm just a little worried since I've read horror stories of people trending 96 something and still obtaining an insufficient score. But to return your statement with my gratitude, a little piece of advice.

I'm not quite sure what course you're using, but what I found helpful was that the week of the exam, I went back and did 10 questions from each chapter (for Roger, that was about 300 questions since FAR has 30 chapters). Any one that I had a problem, I would mark it and go back to review that section. Also, I spent 1-2 days reviewing the journal entries for the major type of transactions (especially Gov't) and thought it was helpful. For FAR, I would practice SOME sims, but don't stress out. You may get lucky and see maybe 1 SIM from your review material but overall, it tends to be very different. I would review the sims to see how each question could be asked answered. Otherwise, you should be good. Good luck!

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.